Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: In game reward scheme idea?

In game reward scheme idea?

Hello again, I was playing EU last night had a load of fun as usual. So I managed to survive the entire battle without dying, I mucked in too... All the way. I stood in the formed lines while enemy fire ricochet off the fence protecting only my testicles. I literally had some of the rounds zoom past my face. I even charged the enemy off the center, not once... But Twice. I staggered back to the reform line, barely able to see and breathing very heavily. But I bloody made it guys, I survived! OK so I know it's not that hard if your a rambo or peewee, running around doing your own thing but Ive only managed this twice so it seems fairly rare. Is there a chance that we'll get merit points in the future game, points based on survivability on the field, points based on accuracy, points based on obeying orders etc. Or maybe start generating an experienced based points that are rewarded to the player based on spawn to end of round. If the player dies at any point then all the experience points disolve. Maybe this could be used to help companies pick players for tourneys or such like. Deep down I would like to see the points very HARD earned because let's face it... Battlefields are brutal but also I would like yo see a type of system where a 1000 hard earned points could be spent to knock off 0.5 seconds on reloading time. Excuse my typing I'm on a phone at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Leifr View Post
    Never.
    XD lol, fair enough. Atleast hit me with the cons. Apart from being a ball ache to write into the code, and it would make the game cliche. Atleast could we have a log in our profiles that keeps track of certain fields? I would like to know if I'm improving as a soldier and or apply skills correctly. I don't want boosts or customisations and I really like how the majority of soldiers are equally handicapped. But many of those soldiers who signed up in 1861 as farm labourers or an accountant for example had no battle experience and survived to become hardened soldiers. If nothing else please give me a reward for doing my duty and surviving to tell you about it.

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Adz84 View Post
    If nothing else please give me a reward for doing my duty and surviving to tell you about it.
    That is your reward, surviving.

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    That and coming here to brag about it.

Quote Originally Posted by A. P. Hill View Post
    That and coming here to brag about it.
    Alright, alright... You got me. Maybe I should of just posted in the This game's Awesome! thread

USA Captain

Now be sure to send a letter home, your parents are worried about you.

It isn't that hard to survive anywhere in the proximity of a fence or tree. They open up a break in the time-space continuum and chug bullets.
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

USA Major

War is hell.

There doesn't need to be a point system for surviving. Your reward 'is' to survive a map if that''s the way you measure success in this game. I personally do not. Your goal out there is to help your team and in surviving you 'may' be helping your team. It's not only survival that's your goal, getting kills is your goal as you're bleeding down tickets and helping your team in that way.

Honestly, if you're surviving the whole battle you're probably not doing a lot to help your team because you're not actively engaged at least for the most part. You could get lucky sometimes as you mentioned above and survive heavy engagements. If this were real life survivability would be of the utmost importance. But it's not real life it's a game.

Personally, I strive for a 2 to 1 or 3 to 1 kill ratio if not better - that is I die one time for every 2 or 3 enemy that I kill. I also try to play smart and weigh out the pros and cons of attacking vs defending. Playing smart every map is another goal. I honestly don't think I've survived many maps at all in the almost year I've played. Do I deserve a reward if I do? I don't think so.

Also, the point system you propose for surviving seems very arcady to me as that's the way many arcady games function.

War of Rights is 'not' that game.
    Last edited by Shiloh; 10-08-2018 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiloh View Post
    War is hell.

There doesn't need to be a point system for surviving. Your reward 'is' to survive a map if that''s the way you measure success in this game. I personally do not. Your goal out there is to help your team and in surviving you 'may' be helping your team. It's not only survival that's your goal, getting kills is your goal as you're bleeding down tickets and helping your team in that way.

Honestly, if you're surviving the whole battle you're probably not doing a lot to help your team because you're not actively engaged at least for the most part. You could get lucky sometimes as you mentioned above and survive heavy engagements. If this were real life survivability would be of the utmost importance. But it's not real life it's a game.

Personally, I strive for a 2 to 1 or 3 to 1 kill ratio if not better - that is I die one time for every 2 or 3 enemy that I kill. I also try to play smart and weigh out the pros and cons of attacking vs defending. Playing smart every map is another goal. I honestly don't think I've survived many maps at all in the almost year I've played. Do I deserve a reward if I do? I don't think so.

Also, the point system you propose for surviving seems very arcady to me as that's the way many arcady games function.

War of Rights is 'not' that game.
    Just to quickly re-elaborate, these points could of been awarded for staying in line and completing orders and rewarded for an active period of service. However all points are lost if the player dies in battle, nil poi. This solidifies the need of survival on the Battlefield. In my opinion survival should be top of the list as it enforces another dynamic to playing the game.

I do get that it's arcady or cliche for the better word, but most competitive fps reward xp regardless. However hypothetically we're placing the player in a situation of; do I stand here while gradually watching my line whittle down under fire and risk losing my hard earned points? or do I disobey an order and retreat to safety but safeguard my hard earned points? Either way it puts more pressure on the player for staying alive and places pressure on their commander for keeping them alive.

The only thing I could think of spending points on however was skills, maybe like reload times or decreasing level of suppression. But to be perfectly honest I really don't like that idea either it just made it feasible.

After much thought this game really doesn't need a points system as an incentive to stay alive out there on the field. Its just awesome if you do make it out covered in blood and breathing like Mo Farah. At least give me a steam badge or something XD