Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Musicians?

CSA Major

Musicians?

When are we getting musicians? I saw a dev post on this a year ago maybe?
    Captain Carter, North Carolina - Serving the 6th Louisiana

Ancestry
    Private John Autry - 2nd NC Light Battery Company C
    Sergeant Daniel Autry - 20th NC Infantry Company I
    Private Amos Ammons - 53rd VA Infantry (Unknown company)
    Private Alpheus Ammons - 20th VA Cavalry (Maybe Company A, died in battle, Fisher Hill)
    Private Daniel J. Ammons (DJ) - 51st NC Company K
    Private Reason Ammons - 20th VA Cavalry Company A

RhettVito
    I've been wondering the same thing dude. Would be nice to have a developer insight about the estimated time for the arrival of musicians ingame. Personally I would probably think beta will be when it will actually be ingame. I'm pretty sure there has to be a decent update this year at least a rather large field update. Either way I'm pretty sure we are all going to be very pleased in the order that everything is implemented.
    Last edited by RhettVito; 10-10-2018 at 11:58 AM.

Musicians will most likely being worked on during Phase III. They are not necessary for the moment and the time is spent on other stuff.
    But recordings of bugle calls and drum calls are being worked on.
    Last edited by Hinkel; 10-10-2018 at 12:14 PM.

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Easty View Post
    When are we getting musicians? I saw a dev post on this a year ago maybe?
    Some of us get by with the use of Soundpad with hotkeys for some of the bugle calls.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinkel View Post
    Musicians will most likely being worked on during Phase III. They are not necessary for the moment and the time is spent on other stuff.
    But recordings of bugle calls and drum calls are being worked on.
    Do you think we could possibly just see the models introduced first or sooner, because as SwingKid said, many people are able to get by on makeshift method of producing music or calls, so maybe just having the models would be a good tie over until the proper musician system can be added?
    Last edited by McMuffin; 10-10-2018 at 10:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by McMuffin View Post
    Do you think we could possibly just see the models introduced first or sooner, because as SwingKid said, many people are able to get by on makeshift method of producing music or calls, so maybe just having the models would be a good tie over until the proper musician system can be added?
    We'd rather not add new classes without functionality when the current ones are yet to be fleshed out.

- Trusty

USA Major

+1 agreed
    Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    We'd rather not add new classes without functionality when the current ones are yet to be fleshed out.

- Trusty

Fair enough, just a suggestion, and I do agree with the whole "wait to flesh out other classes", but I know a lot of people want Musicians, even just the models.

Musician

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by SwingKid148 View Post
    Some of us get by with the use of Soundpad with hotkeys for some of the bugle calls.
    I've been doing the same. I am concerned though, that my use of the in game VoIP system to transmit these bugle calls, while fun and immersive, may soon become an annoyance to the regiment/overall community if there is no real purpose. It is my goal to remedy this by giving these bugle calls purpose.

Proposal: I encourage individual communities to try and "standardize" bugle calls in game. It will not only add a sense of immersion, but also help orders to be heard by all officers (non-com or otherwise). I am aware of the fact that most groups use TS/Discord to communicate (much to my chagrin) , but this can facilitate as a redundancy to ensure that all orders are heard by all those that need to hear it. I have compiled a condensed list of 8 bugle calls that you could use. Each have been taken from recordings of US Infantry/Skirmishers bugle calls, and shortened to be less than 10 seconds in total length (Save, the "to the colors" call. Though I don't feel it to be a bother). I feel that this is a perfect length of time for the calls to not impede further orders in the field, yet also provide enough information for you to differentiate between them all.

BUGLES WERE IMPORTANT DURING THE CIVIL WAR. THEY CAN HELP US. BELOW ARE THE FEW YOU SHOULD LEARN, AND SOME TIPS TO REMEMBER THEM BY.

NOTE: It was common practice to write 'lyrics' to help differentiate and remember the Bugle Calls. I have written a few to help us remember them. Additionally, each title is a link to be able to listen to/download each audio file.

Forward March:
    "Let's hurry up! Let's hurry up! Let's hurry up, and go boys! Let's hurry up, let's hurry up, let's hurry up, and go!"

Halt:
    "Stop your feet! Stop your feet!"

CHARGE!
    *Couldn't think of one but this is very distinct. Hard to forget.

Cease Fire:
    "CEASE FIRE! CEASE FIRE! CEASE FIRE! CEASE FIRE!"

Fix Bayonets:
    "Let's go boys, let's go boys, and grab your bayonets! Fix 'em now, fix 'em on your muskets now!"

Unfix Bayonets:
    "Take 'em off now! Take 'em off now!"

Retreat March:
    “Time to retreat, we wont be beat, but keep up the fire, no slack as we retire!”

"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come, and that soon; and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard."
    - Major General Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by amelius View Post
    I've been doing the same. I am concerned though, that my use of the in game VoIP system to transmit these bugle calls, while fun and immersive, may soon become an annoyance to the regiment/overall community if there is no real purpose. It is my goal to remedy this by giving these bugle calls purpose.

Proposal: I encourage individual communities to try and "standardize" bugle calls in game. It will not only add a sense of immersion, but also help orders to be heard by all officers (non-com or otherwise). I am aware of the fact that most groups use TS/Discord to communicate (much to my chagrin) , but this can facilitate as a redundancy to ensure that all orders are heard by all those that need to hear it. I have compiled a condensed list of 8 bugle calls that you could use. Each have been taken from recordings of US Infantry/Skirmishers bugle calls, and shortened to be less than 10 seconds in total length (Save, the "to the colors" call. Though I don't feel it to be a bother). I feel that this is a perfect length of time for the calls to not impede further orders in the field, yet also provide enough information for you to differentiate between them all.
    Bugle calls were not standardised in the United States until 1867, and so it is really quite accurate that the many regiments and companies here use just as many varities of calls. Standardising across the board would ultimately detract from immersion if you are looking for something historically correct.