Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Asian Gamers Association

Asian Gamers Association

Asia_Gamers_Association_1.jpg

Hello,

I am a native of New Orleans living and working in China. In the 90s, I was a Civil War Reenactor. I belong to a group that portrayed the Washington Artillery 5th Co. (AKA Slocumb's Battery) and the 6th Mass. that was stationed at Port Hudson, La. My father is also a Civil ar dealer, so suffice to say, I have always had an interest in the Civil War. Incidentally, I have two ancestors that fought in The WA. My direct descendant was wounded in Georgia and later died of his wounds in Jonesboro, Georgia.

I am forming this group to help organized both Foreign expats living with South, Southeast, East Asia, as well as, Australia and New Zeland.

I would like to suggest the following Units;

Confederacy
    Stark's Brigade

1st Louisiana Zouave Battalion (Coppen's Zuoave Battalion)
    The original enrollment of the 1st Louisiana Zouave Battalion was 616 officers and enlisted men, of whom 52 were killed in action, 26 died of disease, and 2 died in accidents. One company was English-speaking Americans, a second was French-speaking Creole. Many of the battalions were foreign-born, including a large number of Swiss as well as Germans, Italians, Spanish and Irish. The Zouave uniform consisted of red Turkish trousers and kepis and blue jackets. Many of the men were experienced veterans of the French Army in the Crimean War, and orders were given in French.
    Available Companies; A, E, and F
    10th Louisiana Infantry Regiment (Lee's Foreign Legion)
    Organized at Camp Moore by the addition of five companies to the 2nd Special Infantry Battalion. The 10th Lousiaiana Infantry enrolled 845 men during the Civil War. The regiment contained a large number of foreigners, with one company composed mostly of Greeks and Italians and another having 15 nationalities. Commandforeignersen in French.
    Available Companies; B (Derbigny Guards), C (Hewitt Guards), D (Hawkins Guards), E (Louisiana Swamp Rifles), G (Orleans Rangers), H (Orleans Blues), I (Tirailleurs d'Orleans), J, and K (Confederate States Rangers)

Both units contain foreign-born men consistent with this group.

Union
    The Irish Brigade
    Organized in 1861 after First Bull Run, the brigade’s nucleus was the 63d, 69th, and 88th New York Infantry. In the fall of 1862 the 28th Massachusetts and the 116th Pennsylvania were added (29th Massachusetts served for a short time). It saw action in the Peninsular Campaign, Antietam, 2nd Bull Run, Fredericksburg, Chancellorsville, Gettysburg, Cedar Run, The Wilderness, Spotsylvania Court House, Cold Harbor, and Petersburg, in the 1st Division (II Corps). Reorganized in Nov. 1864, with the 7th New York Heavy Artillery replacing the 116th Pennsylvania, it was by then no longer the old organization and certainly could not be truthfully designated the Irish Brigade. It had suffered over 4,000 casualties in killed and wounded.

[tr]
    63rd New York Infantry
    Organized at New York City August 7 to November 4, 1861
    Available Companies; C, F, G, H, I, K
    69th New York Infantry (The Fighting 69th)
    Description
    Available Companies; I and K
    88th New York Infantry
    The regiment mustered into service in autumn of 1861 at Ft. Schuyler in New York. It comprised of men from various Irish communities from New York and New Jersey. Originally, the 88th was not one regiment, but two (2nd and 4th Regiments, the latter under the command of Col. Thomas F. Meagher, future commander of the entire brigade). Eventually, the two colonels agreed that the two regiments combined into one. The men decided on 88, in honor of the British Army's 88th Connaught Rangers.
    Available Companies; A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, K
    28th Massachusetts Volunteer Infantry
    The regiment's motto (or war cry) was Faugh a Ballagh (Clear the Way!). Known for their distinctive Tiffany-embroidered green flag and Gaelic war cry, the Irishmen of the 28th Massachusetts saw action in most of the Union Army's major eastern theatre engagements – Antietam, Fredericksburg, Chancellorsville, Gettysburg, the Overland Campaign, and the siege of Petersburg – and were present at Surrender (Appomattox Court House).
    Available Companies; D, F, G, H, I , K

I am open to suggestions. I invite anyone from the region to post below.

Thank you
    Last edited by PikeStance; 10-16-2018 at 11:45 AM. Reason: I added photos
    <--PikeStance -----
    New Orleans Native, Living in Shanghai!

Banned
    Good Luck to you sir!

Indeed good luck I hope this will attracted enough people from / living in Asia and the Oceanic time-zones
    Richmond Howitzers, 3rd Company

You are in China?Good. I am Chinese and like this game. I'm in 3rd Alabama

And what's your steam ID?My id is "我永远喜欢昭武柔惠"
    25.jpg

Yep, in Shanghai. I made a friend request in steam.
    <--PikeStance -----

Sounds like a plan, rbsmith!
    <--PikeStance -----

Updated the OP, made it pretty and added some more descriptions.
    I don't seem to be able to post large images yet.
    <--PikeStance -----

Will you take a native Chinese from Shanghai?