Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ability to pick up the flag.

CSA Captain

Ability to pick up the flag.

In this period the colours were the most important thing on the battlefield. Men rallied round and died protecting them.
    Now with the spawn system in place, in game the flag is just as important. It would be very beneficial to be able to pick up a fallen flag, it means out the colours fall, someone else will rescue and carry them
    You could even add this as a capture mechanic, taking out and picking up the enemy colours and taking them back to your formation could increase the local cap for a point or even demoralize the enemy who would for instance suffer 40% reduction when dying in formation rather than 80% for a couple of minutes and full ticket loss when skirmishing. Or less. I guess it would have to be balanced/playtested.
    Thoughts?

It's planned to be added, as said in the field report I believe.

CSA Captain

I'll go read properly then

USA Captain

Any plans in the menu, for adding a counter to the next spawn on flag, and how many in cue on the flag ... ?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRegulator View Post
    Any plans in the menu, for adding a counter to the next spawn on flag, and how many in cue on the flag ... ?
    In a post I made about the deployment times, Trusty said they do plan to add a counter.

Quote Originally Posted by McMuffin View Post
    In a post I made about the deployment times, Trusty said they do plan to add a counter.
    Indeed.

- Trusty

USA Captain

Thanx .. . ;o)

RhettVito
    Just while we are talking about flags wanted to post this.

What about enemy flags? Will we eventually be able to capture those too? Can the flag then be taken somewhere to de-spawn (disappear) (like a wagon based at the spawn where you can also get ammo?). While/after it's captured can the other team spawn a duplicate flag bearer? Will the flag bearer role only open up when a flag is de-spawned? Obviously if it's only captured for a moment by the enemy during a fight over it, it wouldn't make since to punish the team that lost it for a second. Could there be a little extra flavor on the final score screen like showing captured colors for the teams?

At what point will a flag de-spawn if it's left laying out too long without being carried? 2 minutes? five minutes? Will we get any more flavor to the flag bearer role itself like the ability to punch off attackers? I could have sworn we were previously able to 'salute' with the colors. Also furling/unfurling of the flag (may be pointless). I've got some ideas I'll share soon.
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n