Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Melee changes?

USA Captain

I'm sad to hear that there won't be a melee system in the game though i was wrong in comparing it to m&b it should be mre like MORDHAU if there was one if you waste your stamina on attacks or parry to much you drop your weapon etc, but people did parry during the civil war and all wars for that matter you wouldn't just stab at the opponent and see who stabs first and lunge, if he lunges first you would parry cart to counter it then repost but i do understand if it's too hard to implement or not possible
    this probably is just me i'm a fencer so i'm way to into melee
    Screen Shot 2018-10-17 at 8.50.57 pm.jpgScreen Shot 2018-10-17 at 8.50.57 pm.jpg
    Last edited by [1st Cav] Shifty; 10-17-2018 at 11:11 AM.
    Recon

Quote Originally Posted by [1st Cav] Shifty View Post
    I'm sad to hear that there won't be a melee system in the game, but i suppose you never know as in melee combat people would parry you wouldn't just stab at the opponent and see who stabs first, if he lunges first you would parry cart to counter it then repost but i do understand if it's too hard to implement or not possible
    this probably is just me i'm a fencer so i'm way to into melee
    Screen Shot 2018-10-17 at 8.50.57 pm.jpgScreen Shot 2018-10-17 at 8.50.57 pm.jpg
    Please do some searching on the forum.

We do intend on having a parry move at some point (as stated lots of times before) as a hard block as you stated earlier makes little sense with a thin object such as a rifle.

It is not currently a priority to us however as a parry move will likely not be used very often due to the fact that it needs to be timed perfectly.

- Trusty

Hello,
    Speaking as a Holdfast player with a vested interest in getting War of Rights, I am very much interested in seeing what you guys do with the melee. I am very happy to see that you guys will go with non-mount and blade style ''chicken dancing''. Melee should be a method of routing the enemy and actually getting into melee should be outright brutal if not suicidal.
    I'd like to see cool and varied animations for when you stab someone, rather than a dueling parry fest. Similar-ish to BF1's stabbing animations (perhaps a similar thing for other weapons you guys will introduce)

Whatever system you guys do, please do not make it so that it ends up like Holdfast/Mount and Blade's melee. Video below for reference. (DO NOT LIKE, DO NOT SUBSCRIBE. I'm not advertising my channel)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhQtADQDNoI
    Last edited by dirtyjack; 10-21-2018 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyjack View Post
    Hello,
    Speaking as a Holdfast player with a vested interest in getting War of Rights, I am very much interested in seeing what you guys do with the melee. I am very happy to see that you guys will go with non-mount and blade style ''chicken dancing''. Melee should be a method of routing the enemy and actually getting into melee should be outright brutal if not suicidal.
    I'd like to see cool and varied animations for when you stab someone, rather than a dueling parry fest. Similar-ish to BF1's stabbing animations (perhaps a similar thing for other weapons you guys will introduce)

Whatever system you guys do, please do not make it so that it ends up like Holdfast/Mount and Blade's melee. Video below for reference. (DO NOT LIKE, DO NOT SUBSCRIBE. I'm not advertising my channel)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhQtADQDNoI
    Don't worry, we have no interest to get the chicken dancing into War of Rights

We most likely will experiment with one hit kills during early access in the form of “kill moves”. This means, one animation enslaved to the animation of another player - one stabbing and one getting stabbed (take your BF1 stabbing as an example). You stab someone in his chest (if he does not parry the stab), you will be fixed in a kill move, which could last several seconds. Like you ram the bayonet into his chest, he goes down and you put one feet on his chest to remove the bayonet out of his body.
    So the melee should be quick and very bloody.

CSA Major General

Quote Originally Posted by Hinkel View Post
    Don't worry, we have no interest to get the chicken dancing into War of Rights
    So you are saying we won't have a chicken MOD (armed with a knife or sword) or even a ZOMBIE mod like counter-strike used to have ? I'm so disappointed
    I mean … a running (briefly flying) chicken armed with a musket making chicken noises …. where can it go wrong ? -< Cause we all know CSA didn't have pigeons so the used armed chickens to send their messages through enemy lines (True story ! I swear ! … sure no sources can be found … cause it's secret)

I write for my personal account and from personal experience, unless stated otherwise.

We have no intension to add different up and down attacks/parry and we have no intension to have the melee anything like NW, sorry
    We don't need competitions like "Who is the best melee fighter".
    Thank you. Thank you so much.
    Yours Truly,
    - Korvyr Vorthrel, Captain, CSA
    - Commander, Co. A, 14th Virginia

Omg. Bless you people. Bless you for seeing the absolute atrocity for what that melee system is and what a toxic environment it produces with melee sweats.

How brutal and intense is melee going to be?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Reb_1865 View Post
    How brutal and intense is melee going to be?
    We would like to add some nasty "kill moves", so it will show the cruel part of the melee combat in the war.

We would like to add some nasty "kill moves", so it will show the cruel part of the melee combat in the war.
    That's very exciting! Melee combat was a slow beast, nothing like it has been depicted in other games about this time period. Clashes were terrible, bloody, brutal beat downs where both sides are trying to stab, bludgeon, and terrify the other into submission.
    Yours Truly,
    - Korvyr Vorthrel, Captain, CSA
    - Commander, Co. A, 14th Virginia