Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Melee changes?

CSA Captain

Melee changes?

I've mentioned this in the other thread, but to make it a little official I'd like to suggest the following things:
    1. Bayonetting your enemy to the body/head should outright kill.
    2. Pressing the Melee button (default V) should immediately stop any current actions, make you stand and level/ready your weapon.
    3. The ability to hip shoot your weapon in melee mode, perhaps using a third button. (Many pc mice have thumb buttons or a clickable scroll wheel)
    I know melee is very early days and you may have much of this planned but I figured I'd make the suggestion anyway.
    Thanks.

We most likely will experiment with one hit kills during early access in the form of “kill moves”. This means, one animation enslaved to the animation of another player - one stabbing and one getting stabbed. So for example you stab someone in his chest (if he does not parry the stab), you will be fixed in a kill move, which could last several seconds. Like you ram the bayonet into his chest, he goes down and you put one feet on his chest to remove the bayonet out of his body.

This would be an instant kill of course

USA Lieutenant Colonel

melee should be like in north and south if any one remembers that still

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Chamberlain View Post
    melee should be like in north and south if any one remembers that still
    We do not want to have the chicken dance melee in War of Rights
    So its best not to compare with Mount&Blade.

USA Captain

A hip fire shoot in mele is defently a realistic action. I know it will raise problems due to the key binding in mele mode (Left button stab) But it was sure posible, and used back then.
    The transition time in animations, from aim to mele or visa versa is maybe a littel bit to slow. Not having the hip fire posiblity, it might compensate it. Now start beating me ;o)

USA Captain

I hope they add a melee system not too complicated but a up down and side paree like in m&B napoleonic i think it would make things alot more competitive and fun as you could do melee training. What do you think?

Recon

CSA Captain

Think of Chivalry for the melee, boys. I think.
    Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in!

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by [1st Cav] Shifty View Post
    I hope they add a melee system not too complicated but a up down and side paree like in m&B napoleonic i think it would make things alot more competitive and fun as you could do melee training. What do you think?

I think that bayonet charges should be the short sharp shock that they actually were, not people dancing around daises like in Mount and Blade.
    ''I'm here to play an American Civil War era combat game, not Call of Duty with muskets.''.

Quote Originally Posted by [1st Cav] Shifty View Post

We have no intension to add different up and down attacks/parry and we have no intension to have the melee anything like NW, sorry
    We don't need competitions like "Who is the best melee fighter".

USA Captain

Seeing that blocking with a the stock of the rifle was impractical and easy to miss with, a block would be done with a parry action: https://64thill.org/drillmanuals/mcc...parry_in_prime
    There are some images on that link of the four prime parry positions.