Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Players PLEASE read.

CSA Captain

New Players PLEASE read.

After an infuriating time playing on the EU servers this afternoon I'm writing this in the hope that new players will read it so as to stop hamstringng the side they are on.

1. Officer Class - This is not Call of Duty, we only get a limited number of Officers and they are there to lead men, NOT for you to spawn and run around swearing at people & firing off your pistol. Officers de-spawn when you leave your men, they can also draw a line on the field to orientate their men, by spawning this class you are preventing actual officers from leading their regiments. If you want to try the different classes the Drill camps are the place for this, NOT the battlefield.

2. No matter how many of the enemy you kill, if you are defending & you loose the point of contention, then you will loose the game. Sitting behind a rock pew pewing while then enemy capture the point means you loose.

3. Flag Bearers. They are mobile spawn points for regiments, spawning as a standard bearer and running around the battlefield like a headless chicken prevents your side from getting reinforcements. When you carry the flag stay in formation or at the very least crouch, otherwise players cannot spawn on you.

4. EVERY time you run off as Johnny Rambo and get yourself killed, out of line, you are costing your side multiple tickets. All you achive is to accelerate your sides defeat. Press T, look in the bottom right hand corner of the screen, and if it says 'out of formation' in red then when you die the ticket loss resulting in your death will be multiplied.

5. War of Rights is meant to be played as a team game. The ultimate War of Rights experience is to play as a part of a Regiment, PLEASE join a regiment guys and I promise you WoR will take on a whole new dimension.

6. THIS IS NOT HOLDFAST, playing rap/rock etc over your voice channel is only going to get you muted here. Lone Wolves/Rambo's loose maps, that's a fact of this game, you cannot play this game the way you did Holdfast.

7. IF you plan on spending your time on the southern side, spamming racist rants in chat is, like playing music, going to get you ignored by almost everyone. PLEASE don't do it, it's not welcome. You might think you are amusing, you might think you are not accountable, but you are. All it takes is for someone to post a few videos of this on YouTube and, given the current climate, people will assume we are all of a similar midset. This type of sentiment and behaviour is NOT wanted in War of Rights.

In closing I would just like to reiterate that the classes in WoR perform specific tasks, they are not just different avatars with different weapons. Wor is more complex than is usual for an FPS game, take the time to learn from experienced players and your gaming experience will increase tenfold, I promise you.
    Last edited by Sox; 01-01-2019 at 07:00 PM.
    ''I'm here to play an American Civil War era combat game, not Call of Duty with muskets.''.

USA Captain

well said! Hope it helps.
    Descendant of David Jewell - 1st Maine Heavy Artillery, Philo Johnson - 11th Vermont/1st VTHA

USA Major

Thanks for this. We can't take for granted new players know rules yet and it's important to establish what kind of community we are... definitely NOT Holdfast.

CSA Captain

Flag bearers should stand in formation and feel free to sing, you're there to really the men after all.

CSA Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by Melonfish View Post
    Flag bearers should stand in formation and feel free to sing, you're there to really the men after all.
    While I completely agree with the spirit of your post, singing is usually more disruptive. It prevents people from hearing orders.

Of course there is a time and place for it though!
    Last edited by Bleddyn; 10-17-2018 at 10:49 PM.

CSA Captain

We went into battle the other day and the Flag Bearer started to sing 'Take Me Home Country Roads', which was disturbing enough.....but then the whole regiment joined in, which has put me into therapy lol.
    ''I'm here to play an American Civil War era combat game, not Call of Duty with muskets.''.

CSA Captain

That should have said rally, but a chorus of the bonnie blue flag during a lull is always good.
    It's a daunting job being flag bearer, you're a huge target stood there with those colours, but it's worth it to see the battle unfold around you, reminds me of my time with the 1st virginia artillery ACWS, when we weren't working the gun we had a grandstand view of the action.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Melonfish View Post
    That should have said rally, but a chorus of the bonnie blue flag during a lull is always good.
    It's a daunting job being flag bearer, you're a huge target stood there with those colours, but it's worth it to see the battle unfold around you, reminds me of my time with the 1st virginia artillery ACWS, when we weren't working the gun we had a grandstand view of the action.
    I was in the ACWS for a long time :P 69th New York & 32nd Virginia. I agree with you, carrying the flag in WoR can be a lot of fun as you get to see much more of the battle than you normally do.

USA General of the Army

Quote Originally Posted by Sox View Post
    After an infuriating time playing on the EU servers this afternoon I'm writing this in the hope that new players will read it so as to stop hamstringng the side they are on.

1. Officer Class - This is not Call of Duty, we only get a limited number of Officers and they are there to lead men, NOT for you to spawn and run around swearing at people & firing off your pistol. Officers de-spawn when you leave your men, they can also draw a line on the field to orientate their men, by spawning this class you are preventing actual officers from leading their regiments. If you want to try the different classes the Drill camps are the place for this, NOT the battlefield.

2. No matter how many of the enemy you kill, if you loose the point of contention then you will loose the game. Sitting behind a rock pew pewing while then enemy capture the point means you loose.

3. Flag Bearers. They are mobile spawn points for regiments, spawning as a standard bearer and running around the battlefield like a headless chicken prevents your side from getting reinforcements. When you carry the flag stay on your feet (do not crouch) and stay in formation, otherwise players cannot spawn on you.

4. EVERY time you run off as Johnny Rambo and get yourself killed, out of line, you are costing your side multiple tickets. All you achive is to accelerate your sides defeat.

5. War of Rights is meant to be played as a team game. The ultimate War of Rights experience is to play as a part of a Regiment, PLEASE join a regiment guys and I promise you WoR will take on a whole new dimension.

6. THIS IS NOT HOLDFAST, playing rap/rock etc over your voice channel is only going to get you muted here. Lone Wolves/Rambo's loose maps, that's a fact of this game, you cannot play this game the way you did Holdfast.

7. IF you plan on spending your time on the southern side, spamming racist rants in chat is, like playing music, going to get you ignored by almost everyone. PLEASE don't do it, it's not welcome. You might think you are amusing, you might think you are not accountable, but you are. All it takes is for someone to post a few videos of this on YouTube and, given the current climate, people will assume we are all of a similar midset. This type of sentiment and behaviour is NOT wanted in War of Rights.

In closing I would just like to reiterate that the classes in WoR perform specific tasks, they are not just different avatars with different weapons. Wor is more complex than is usual for an FPS game, take the time to learn from experienced players and your gaming experience will increase tenfold, I promise you.
    HEAR, HEAR! I second that!

I do not own the game yet, but I agree with what you have said I have watched youtubers run all over the battlefield in the first person and only wonder how distracting that is to the players. It certainly does not give me any big insight into how the game is supposed to be played. Fortunately, it isn't everyone. In the past, I have never shown any interest in FP games because of the "Rambo" behavior that I noticed. One of the reasons, why I played Rise of flight, is that you can fly with a squadron and work as a team. I would not be interested in playing on a server if the participants are not committed to a real first person impression. (I mean working as a team and communicating within the proper context).
    <--PikeStance -----
    New Orleans Native, Living in Shanghai!