Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LONE WOLF-RESPWAN Penalty

CSA Sergeant

Lightbulb LONE WOLF-RESPWAN Penalty

I know the Out of Formation cost your team a lot of tickets...BUT

The big thing is the guys going off on their own do not care about the team.....

I suggest a LONG RELOAD to the player that Dies out of formation. The RELOAD should get Longer and Longer for each consecutive death a player has Out of Formation.

This will take care of 2 things..I Hope

1) I will cut down on the FOOLS just running around wily-nilly by making their respawn times very long
    2) Encourage players to stay in the line formation area (Promote realistic game play)

AP514

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by AP514 View Post
    I know the Out of Formation cost your team a lot of tickets...BUT

The big thing is the guys going off on their own do not care about the team.....

I suggest a LONG RELOAD to the player that Dies out of formation. The RELOAD should get Longer and Longer for each consecutive death a player has Out of Formation.

This will take care of 2 things..I Hope

1) I will cut down on the FOOLS just running around wily-nilly by making their respawn times very long
    2) Encourage players to stay in the line formation area (Promote realistic game play)

AP514
    This would be a good idea yet there is no way to judge if the person who died out of formation due to being a rambo or losing their line in a charge or a fire fight.
    Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX

Quote Originally Posted by Saris View Post
    This would be a good idea yet there is no way to judge if the person who died out of formation due to being a rambo or losing their line in a charge or a fire fight.
    Exactly. While tempting to turn up the heat for the out of liner's we have to consider edge case scenarios as well.

I'm sure most of you wouldn't like to be punished with a x2 or x3 as long spawn time only because you happened to be amongst the last in your line/charge remaining.

- Trusty

Would it be possible to have an area around an individual then, perhaps, that is much larger than the formation areas that counts against the "lone wolf" clause and sticks around a bit after death?

Say you have a group of 5 charging, 4 die from shots, the last dies to being stabbed, but he's good because he's still within the wide area blocking the lone-wolf punishment thanks to his nearby fallen friends.

This would wreck the rambos who choose to run far away on their own, near no one, and perish near no bodies who recently-ish fell.
    Last edited by Korvyr; 10-20-2018 at 07:43 AM.
    Yours Truly,
    - Korvyr Vorthrel, Captain, CSA
    - Commander, Co. A, 14th Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by Korvyr View Post
    Would it be possible to have an area around an individual then, perhaps, that is much larger than the formation areas that counts against the "lone wolf" clause and sticks around a bit after death?

Say you have a group of 5 charging, 4 die from shots, the last dies to being stabbed, but he's good because he's still within the wide area blocking the lone-wolf punishment thanks to his nearby fallen friends.

This would wreck the rambos who choose to run far away on their own, near no one, and perish near no bodies who recently-ish fell.
    We already have something similar - the formation buff changes are not instant currently - so if you happen to die the last in a charge for instance, you are likely to still be in formation.

The issue is when you survive for longer than the initial charge (like 10 or 20 seconds longer).

- Trusty

CSA Sergeant

Don't think that it would be wise/ technically possible to increase reload time... Though, I do like the idea of increasing respawn timers. The only issue is tracking down the people who actually warrant it. Are there tangential coding measure you can use to track people who are lone wolves? Say, finding out how long they've been out of line? So, for instance, if they've been out of line longer than 20 seconds, they get slapped with the respawn timer. That cuts right down the middle- folks who survive a charge have time to retreat to friendly lines, and lone wolves still get punished. I'm fairly certain it takes a lone wolf longer than 20 seconds from reload at spawn to get even to the battlefield on his own, so even if he just runs straight into death, he'll get whacked with the penalty, unless he's just throwing himself at the enemy without even a reload.

CSA Sergeant

LET ME CLARIFY..............THIS IS A RESPAWN PENALTY

If you die Out of Formation..the 1st time no penalty...the second time a small 10-20 second Penalty. The Third a Large Penalty 1:00...the Fourth 2:00..ect.

This Penalty is for times IN A ROW. Not the whole GAME......

EXAMPLE....

LONE WOLF--- The Bad GUY

1st- You Die-Out of Formation.....:00 Penalty
    2nd- You Die-Out of Formation.....:20 second Penalty
    3rd- You Die-Out of Formation....1:00 third Penalty
    4th- You Die-Out of Formation....2:00 fourth Penalty

TEAM PLAYER

1st- You Die-Out of Formation................:00
    2nd- You Die-Out of Formation................:20 second Penalty
    3rd- You Die-Skirmish/Line Formation......:00 NO Penalty---RESETS PENALTIES
    4th- You Die-Skirmish/Line Formation......:00 NO PENALTY
    5th- You Die-Out of Formation................:00
    ECT.......ECT.
    Last edited by AP514; 10-20-2018 at 09:37 PM.

CSA Captain

It's too easy, even with flag bearer spawning, to get killed trying to re-join your regiment for this to ever work.
    ''I'm here to play an American Civil War era combat game, not Call of Duty with muskets.''.

That's why a separate, larger area "anti-lonewolf" buff would likely fit the bill, if it sticks around longer than the formation buffs.

Players that are sent to scout should be aware of the risks involved and be very careful. This will deter scouting a bit more, as it should, since it costs tickets to send a body to their death out of line.

And if you get shot next to the flag bearer, you won't get penalized, because obviously you're near the flag bearer.
    Yours Truly,
    - Korvyr Vorthrel, Captain, CSA
    - Commander, Co. A, 14th Virginia

A better question is why are people charging and getting slaughtered to the last? How do you stop that? Charges are incessant. All anyone trying to run things seems to want to do is to pike it towards one flank or the other hoping to beat the enemy there first. You end up with a handful left from both teams. It's silly. It seems nobody knows how to move without charging from fence line to fence line. A series of changes in the way formations are rewarded with faster respawn times can help alleviate that so you can actually move and get replacements quickly depending on the strength of your formation without that disheveled craziness.

As for lone wolves, the suppression needs to be cranked up to where it was before it was toned down and the recovery needs to be longer, only speeding up significantly when you're back in formation. The grey screen stuff can go, left for the most extreme levels of suppression. Put the more subtle stuff first which really effects your combat abilities. You should be strongly compelled to disengage long before you're the last guy left. Let players know it's not okay to go John Rambo on the other team by making it useless in close quarters with out-of-lines being auto-surrendered whenever they are touched by an enemy or touch one themselves, possibly even before. Allow the surrendered player to exist in his player avatar stationary for up to a minute with a chance of liberation and then kicked to the spawn. Make it so when an enemy kills a surrendered player it drops the overall team likelihood of the opposing team surrendering in the first place. Add a variable in there and let the servers decide whether to set it to 0 or 1. No more guys laying in wait in a bush to shoot our officers or flag bearers in the back---that isn't scouting, it's ridiculous.

And we don't need players with a special skirmisher privilege.
    Last edited by Poorlaggedman; 10-21-2018 at 02:46 AM.
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n