Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Officer Class

Quote Originally Posted by Dman979 View Post
    New players will follow anyone who seems to know what they're doing. It doesn't matter if you have the officer class or not, a commanding presence will trump a line tool any day.

Best,
    Dman979
    Agreed. Yesterday, the 1stNJ played in one of the smaller 76 man servers as the other ones were too full to accommodate all 20 of us. None of us had the officer class, but the public players worked seamlessly alongside us, following our NCOs. The officer class really isn’t needed to get people to listen, as dman stated above, it just takes someone who knows what they’re doing, and can demonstrate it through their leadership.

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Last night (DEC 03-18) on the Harper's Ferry server, even me as a lowly private had 5 - 10 newbs in train, without saying a word to any of them.

Just looking like I knew what I was doing seemed to be enough.

USA Captain

A good officer will respect his Sergeant's opinion anyway! LOL....
    Descendant of David Jewell - 1st Maine Heavy Artillery, Philo Johnson - 11th Vermont/1st VTHA

USA General of the Army

I tell my boys to never take that OFFICER Class Uniform, because if you DO NOT have enough people beside you, due to being killed or game drop, 20 seconds later YOUR DEAD by the CLOCK. the officer only has 20 seconds to surround himself with the proper amount of people. The name and RANK is In the Name,when you press the T KEY, if you screen name reflects that status.

I just wish I COULD LEAVE THE T KEY ON and press The T KEY Off when I want to. Not have to press the T KEY every 30 seconds, to see the names of friendlies, and look for who I need to find easier. Personally I wont use the officer class, because of that 20 second RULE or Die, Revolvers cant be reloaded, The shield Key hinders the aim view, when aiming at the enemy with a rifle, to often to be of use, to many Shields go up, and have no transparency to them, with no way to know what company PLACED IT. And do not reflect where On the field of battle this The marker was placed to begin with. It should be so that, those close the shield marker see it, not from clear across the map.

A good leader can lead without the officer class uniform, and I see to many players who grab the officer class, cant lead 2 sticks together. with all the players about to get all the in game weapons, namely all the revolvers PROMISED, once the game is officially released, how are the RAMBOS gonna be stopped then? thats the Reason of the Officer 20 second DEATH rule was implemented for in the first place, because of RAMBO Officers. having paid myself to have such weapons. I still Rambo in with 3 or 4 guys, without using the officer uniform, at the enemy's rear, to cause CHAOS and Misdirection of an attack, not to mention shooting em in the rear. The game map limits boundaries too much as it is. I am so looking forward to getting my hands on the sniper rifle I paid for, to cause even more havoc on the enemy's rear. LOL

The NCO class is far better in all aspects, of the way this game is at this point to use over the officer class, which really has no advantage point to use them, as they have, truly no advantage for either side. other than to draw a little white line on the ground, which can be as it was before this implementation tell the men were to line up and prepare for an assault. The officer class needs to truly be readdressed as to its role.

The Flag Role has a purpose now, as before it was pointless to use that and in the cornfield, only gives a direction for either side to aim at, for the flag is like a beacon, one only has to look for, which really needs to have the ability to lower the flag, as not to be used as a pointer to tell the enemy FIRE over here in this direction boys.

I hope you dont plan on making everyone, have to move out regardless of uniform class together, or make them desert with that 20 sec death rule, and die, if not enough men are together, thus forcing everyone with only line battles. forcing players to adapt to one game aspect, with if, the last 3 men standing after 2 side clash automatically die because of that 20 sec death rule. thats the only way to stop all rambos, as only, some people complain about. Scouts are important to this game, and its easier to get 1 past and to the rear of the enemy, not 4. some maps that that corn field needs a scout and can relay volley fire, to high, to low, to far left or right, and on target.

Not on any map, can teams all come together, every company has its own idea of where, how the battle should take place.

When can we fire from the hip? will we ever be able too?
    Last edited by calmmyst; 12-15-2018 at 03:35 AM.