Thread: Floating bayonets/Flag spawning.

Floating bayonets/Flag spawning.

Seen this bug for a while. Pretty self-explanatory, I think in general the bayonets only do this when someone has mounted it, but it is not always like this (as you can see in the photo, the next man over's bayonet is fine.)
    20181021193511_1.jpg

I've also noticed that most of the time, I cannot spawn on flags since no matter what, when I click on them to spawn it does not count down or do anything and even after waiting beyond the known maximum wave spawn, still nothing happens.

CSA Captain

Dont forget the invisible bayonets when you attach them or clicking B and canceling when the bayonet is already attached
    Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX

That as well, I've had that bug forever.

CSA Captain

In my experience, and knowing that one can only spawn on the flag when it is in formation, it still bugs a lot. Either the counter runs out and you don't get spawned in, or there is just no countdown and you just sit there waiting. Both situations happened quite a few times, while the flag was in our ranks at all time, I made sure to check.
    Passion prevails!

Quote Originally Posted by Sally View Post
    In my experience, and knowing that one can only spawn on the flag when it is in formation, it still bugs a lot. Either the counter runs out and you don't get spawned in, or there is just no countdown and you just sit there waiting. Both situations happened quite a few times, while the flag was in our ranks at all time, I made sure to check.
    Thanks for the feedback.

The timer on the flag bearer counts down to the next spawn in the queue - not to your spawn (unless you are number 1 in the queue).

There is a bug currently that will result in you not being able to spawn on the flag bearer (your client selects an enemy flag bearer) no matter how long you wait - this is a top priority fix for our programmers.

- Trusty

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    Thanks for the feedback.

The timer on the flag bearer counts down to the next spawn in the queue - not to your spawn (unless you are number 1 in the queue).

There is a bug currently that will result in you not being able to spawn on the flag bearer (your client selects an enemy flag bearer) no matter how long you wait - this is a top priority fix for our programmers.

- Trusty
    What about the bayonets?
    Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX

Quote Originally Posted by Saris View Post
    What about the bayonets?
    We currently don't know a fix for this (if we did it would have been fixed a long time ago).

- Trusty

USA Brigadier General

is it possible to let the people only spawn behind the flag bearer?

It did happen that some guys spawned directly infront of the line while we fired a volley so he had to respawn again :/
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=522&dateline=14500460  02

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Decimus Meridius View Post
    is it possible to let the people only spawn behind the flag bearer?
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Decimus Meridius View Post

It did happen that some guys spawned directly infront of the line while we fired a volley so he had to respawn again :/
    No system will work flawlessly (unless we track all individual players and have the server calculate the facings of the lines (very expensive)).

With your suggestion there will still be instances of people spawning "where they shouldn't" when the flag bearer is on the move or having turned to look behind him.

That being said, the system is still very much in its initial form so expect to see updates to it.

- Trusty

CSA Major

since newest update Flag bearer is instantly killed at spawn, seems to happen more than 50 percent of the time spawning at main spawn point. Probably has to do with desertion or countdown timer added for flag bearer.

ex.

- Warboy
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Warboy; 11-03-2018 at 09:45 PM.
    Napoleon Total War American Civil War Multiplayer Mod Discord Community - https://discord.gg/J3xJ4DU

TUNNELLS ARE USELESS....so why bother anyway - Henry Wirz (Andersonville film quote)