Thread: Ultimate General: Civil War on sale on steam

CSA Captain

Ultimate General: Civil War on sale on steam

For those who've played any of the total war mods by Darthmod, you'll be pleased to know that his game urinate general: Civil War is currently on offer on steam. As far as tactics of the era goes it's rather well done and there are many of the main battles there too play.
    Just an fyi for those who like strategy games.

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Melonfish View Post
    you'll be pleased to know that his game urinate general: Civil War is currently on offer on steam.
    Did you really mean to say that? I do hope its a typo...'cos I ain't buying if it isn't.......but it made me laugh so hard i nearly spat my coffee out
    Last edited by John Jones; 10-29-2018 at 07:52 PM.

CSA Captain

Haha! no I got autocowrecked. Ultimate general I swear!

USA 1st Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by John Jones View Post
    Did you really mean to say that? I do hope its a typo...'cos I ain't buying if it isn't.......but it made me laugh so hard i nearly spat my coffee out
    He's just taking the piss.

Best,
    Dman979

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    One of the top games I own.

CSA Sergeant

I don't know. Being it was the Darth Mod guy, I was expecting a bit more. I think Total War still has the edge on this one.

USA Captain

That game was my addiction before this one. Love it.
    Descendant of David Jewell - 1st Maine Heavy Artillery, Philo Johnson - 11th Vermont/1st VTHA

Beste Civil War strategy game for me is still Scourge of War Gettysburg
    Richmond Howitzers, 3rd Company

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by brentcarter View Post
    Beste Civil War strategy game for me is still Scourge of War Gettysburg
    Yup.
    If only I could keep it stable in W10 during multiplayer sessions.

I enjoy it quite a bit but it really could have used more polishing. I played two USA campaigns and 1 CSA campaign all the way through.

Trenches and any sort of fortification are inexcusably bugged to be almost useless except in against direct frontal assaults, any angle in your line results in immediate 'flanking fire' routing your entrenched guys.

The harder difficulty levels are also insane. On the hardest one you'll struggle mightly just to get through the tutorial battles, to me that's absurd. Also try taking Richmond as the Union outnumbered 2-1 with all crack Confederate units, probably 25% sporting telescopic sights. shakehead.gif I enjoy more enemy to fight but it really doesn't give you a chance to enjoy it since you'll have to constantly be reloading because you don't have enough yourself to do the job.

On the other hand on the normal difficulty it's too easy. Take Antietam, for example. The idiot CSA AI will basically attack you. The AI never cuts it's losses either as it should.

There's very little flexibility in what happens, so replayability is hampered.

Worst, and least excusable -- there's no multiplayer like there was in Ultimate General Gettysburg. The game also no longer takes into account elevation and line of sight when taking into account artillery. Your artillery basically receives some sort of bonus being on higher ground but line of sight means nothing as it did in Ultimate General Gettysburg.
    Last edited by Poorlaggedman; 11-05-2018 at 01:47 AM.
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n