Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The BBC (Split Thread)

USA Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Fort Mark View Post
    In case you didn't notice from my profile, I'll inform you I'm not from Denmark and I'm using the American definition of the word liberal. Somehow I think you already knew that.
    Yes And Iam pointing out that a word like liberal make very little sense when debating politics globally.... because different countries have different tradition on what parties call them self liberal.
    Thomas Bernstorff Aagaard

CSA Captain

Well first of all, I am English. Let me start by saying that the BBC are responsible for some of the best TV in the entire history of that medium, the very reason that it has a public lisence fee is to keep it impartial and free from the influences that advertising from multi national corporations bring. It's news reporting and natural history especially are still second to none, and I believe that BBC America is thriving too, so you can see selected BBC productions in the States at least. On the other hand there is, currently, a fever driven backlash against the media in general in this country & as the flagship of British media the BBC have come in for a fair amount of criticism. Some of which, I'm sorry to say, is true.

BUT, to say that the BBC has outed the Union Flag as a symbol of racism is utter nonesense. It is true that far right groups do fly the Union Flag, & have done so since Mosleys Blackshirts in WWII. The rest of us however are wise enough to understand what the Union Flag represents, and has represented since 1801. The courage of those who have died under, and for, that flag could never be sullied by brainless right wing morons OR left wing Liberal SJW's.
    Last edited by Sox; 11-15-2018 at 09:07 PM.
    ''I'm here to play an American Civil War era combat game, not Call of Duty with muskets.''.