Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question regarding 79th New York Volunteer Ifantry.

Question regarding 79th New York Volunteer Ifantry.

Can't believe that I didn't ask that much MUCH earlier, but anyway. If I remember correctly, it was mentioned that this and other regiments from the pledge rewards will be in the game, just without fancy uniforms. So, here is the thing, is there a possibility of adding 79th Ifantry's highlander-type uniforms (the ones that come with kilts) for everyone? Or these uniforms were not used in combat?

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnSmirnov View Post
    ... Or these uniforms were not used in combat?
    Nailed it.

The kilt kits were dress parade only uniforms. Regular fatigues were battlefield attire.

USA Lieutenant General

Well that rules that out considering how much it is to get the 79th NY uniform I would be pretty upset if normies got the special uniform or anyone like it.

- Kyle

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle422 View Post
    Well that rules that out considering how much it is to get the 79th NY uniform I would be pretty upset if normies got the special uniform or anyone like it.

- Kyle
    You got me wrong, I am not saying that people who didn't pledge should get their own unique uniforms, I asked if adding that kilt uniform for everyone (including those who pledged of course) to make 79th more unique is possible. And turns out that it's not, due to the the reason Hill pointed out. I am not 100% sure if these regiments would still be available in-game for those who didn't pledge (regiments themselves, not fancy uniforms), but if they will, what's wrong with still making them look unique from other regiments if possible? The backers ain't gonna lose anything from it, since the uniforms they got are exclusive to them and no one else anyway.
    Last edited by JohnSmirnov; 11-17-2018 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Typo

You got me wrong, I am not saying that people who didn't pledge should get their own unique uniforms, I asked if adding that kilt uniform for everyone (including those who pledged of course) to make 79th more unique is possible. And turns out that it's not for the reason Hill pointed out. I am not 100% sure if these regiments would still be available in-game for those who didn't pledge (regiments themselves, not fancy uniforms), but if they will, what's wrong with still making them look unique from other regiments is possible? The backers ain't gonna lose anything from it, since the uniforms they got are exclusive to them and no one else anyway.
    There is no plan to add any kind of uniqueness to their uniform, besides the uniform for the backers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinkel View Post
    There is no plan to add any kind of uniqueness to their uniform, besides the uniform for the backers.
    So, I suppose them and others mostly used regular (non-special) uniforms, which didn't have any distinctive features, right?

So, I suppose them and others mostly used regular (non-special) uniforms, which didn't have any distinctive features, right?
    Well, I am pretty sure there still would be some distinctive features in the 79th NY, maybe some soldiers still used tartan pants and their special hat.
    But it would be unfair for the backers, since the unique parts would make their backer uniform less unique

Well, I am pretty sure there still would be some distinctive features in the 79th NY, maybe some soldiers still used tartan pants and their special hat.
    But it would be unfair for the backers, since the unique parts would make their backer uniform less unique
    Understandable of course, though I didn't meant that. I meant something like number and abbreviation of their regiment on their caps. You know, pretty casual stuff. (Should have phrased it better though, yeah)
    Last edited by JohnSmirnov; 11-17-2018 at 02:46 PM.

USA Lieutenant General

Hinkel by antietam from what I researched the 79th NY wore normal federal clothing with a chasseur hat with 79th NY on the front or their decorated glengarry. If added those two things should be the only thing the normies get. The "special uniforms" should only reserved for the backer that payed for it

We have no plans regarding adding any of the backer exclusive uniforms/regiments as "normal" regiments to the game.

- Trusty