Thread: 18th Georgia Infantry Volunteer Co.F "Davis Guards"

18th Georgia Infantry Volunteer Co.F "Davis Guards"

18th Georgia Infantry Volunteer Co.F

"Davis Guards"

About the Regiment
    The 18th Georgia is a new regiment formed in November. We are ready to join the great war that divided a nation and push those Blue Bellies back north. The 18th Georgia will fight with tenacity and ferocity, and help Robert E. Lee Achieve his victories as we fight next to our brothers in arms. We pride ourselves in Drill, Battlefield Tactics, and being known as reliable. If you feel like this may be a perfect fit for you then be sure to step right up and Volunteer!

Regimental History

The 18th Georgia Regiment was formed under Army of Northern Virginia, I Corp, Hoods Division, Texas Brigade.

The 18th Georgia briefly guarded prisoners in Richmond captured at the First battle of Bull Run (Manassas) and served garrison duty for two weeks in Goldsboro, NC In November they were sent north to the area of Dumfries, VA, along the Potomac river where they were attached to the 1st, 4th and 5th Texas infantry regiments to form a "full" Texas Brigade. For the next year they would be an integral member of the Texas Brigade as it fought from the Peninsula Campaign (May - July 1862) to Antietam.

The regiment was first engaged at the battle of Ethams Landing and the Battle of Seven Pines. It served conspicuously during the Seven Day Battle where, along with their Texas compatriots, they broke the line at the Battle of Gaines mill, effectively ending Union Gen. McClellans campaign, and resulting in regimental casualties of 37 killed and 106 wounded.

Two months later, the regiment distinguished itself again at the Second battle of Bull run also known as Battle of Second Manassas where members captured two stands of colors those of the 24th and 10th New York regiments, and where, along with the Texas Brigade, they spearheaded General Longstreet's assault on Union General John Popes left, nearly wiping out the 5th New York Zouaves and captured a battery of four guns. Regimental casualties were 37 dead and 87 wounded.

Three weeks later, September 1862, the 18th GA fought at the Battle of Antietam losing 14 killed and 30 wounded.

Peninsula Campaign-Northern Virginia Campaign-Maryland Campaign-Battle of Fredericksburg-Chancellorsville Campaign-Gettysburg Campaign-Knoxville Campaign-Wilderness Campaign-Siege of Petersburg-Appomattox Courthouse
    map_attack_seq_1.jpg

Join the Davis Guards Today!

Company tool: https://warofrights.com/CT_ViewCompa...panyToolHeader
    Add Cpt. B.L.Davis: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198218863897/
    Steam Group: https://steamcommunity.com/groups/18thGA
    Company Website: 18thga.jigsy.com/

(The 18th Georgia can be seen in this segment in the cornfield

Disclaimer; I do not own the copy rights to that video
    Last edited by B.L.Davis; 11-20-2018 at 09:15 PM.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by McMuffin View Post
    Good luck.
    Thank you, and ill see you on the Battlefield

CSA Captain

Welcome to the Confederacy!
    Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX

Quote Originally Posted by Saris View Post
    Thank you, Its an honor to be apart of the CSA and fight next to my Texan brothers!

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Congrats! ! I

Welcome to the CSA! ! !

CSA Captain

Greetings from the "German Volunteers" of the 18th North Carolina Infantry.
    Captain Walter, Leopold, Lothar von-Winkler

Quote Originally Posted by A. P. Hill View Post
    Congrats! ! I

Welcome to the CSA! ! !
    Thank you Sir *Salute*

Quote Originally Posted by von-Winkler View Post

Greetings from the "German Volunteers" of the 18th North Carolina Infantry.
    Thank you! I look forward to fighting along side you and your men!
    Last edited by Leifr; 11-20-2018 at 04:41 PM.

USA Sergeant

Welcome and best of luck 18th Georgia! I look forward to standing shoulder to shoulder with yall on the field.
    US Army
    2nd Battalion, 3rd Infantry Regiment
    1-2ID

Quote Originally Posted by Oxy556 View Post
    Welcome and best of luck 18th Georgia! I look forward to standing shoulder to shoulder with yall on the field.
    Thank you for those kind words! ill see you on the battlefield as well!