Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: War of Rights is launching on Steam Early Access December 3rd 2018!

USA Brigadier General

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    Not for the EA launch, no - although we'll increase the number of official WoR servers by quite a lot.

There are some rather exciting things being worked on behind the scenes though which we'll talk about when they are further along at some point after the early access launch.

- Trusty
    well, the ability to host own servers would be far better but it's something

hope you got some nice scenes for your trailer
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=522&dateline=14500460  02

Quote Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
    Thanks Trusty. I'm worried this may be premature, but I got your back.
    You're not the only one who is nervous - we've been cut off from the big world of Steam for years after all.

We're quite aware that a lot of Steam Early Access customers expect a non early access title when they buy into one. They will likely be upset with WoR.

There's no pleasing them except to skip early access altogehter and go straight for a final release launch on Steam.

The ones understanding that the game is indeed in its Early Access alpha phase should hopefully find enjoyment in the game and our community.

- Trusty

CSA Major

I daresay that War of Rights is already in a more complete state than many other Early Access games available on Steam, despite the slew of features and mechanics still absent from the game.

CSA Major General

You're not the only one who is nervous - we've been cut off from the big world of Steam for years after all.
    - Trusty
    Hope we attract some new eager (wo)men who will fight and continue to fight for this project.

P.S. : Any brilliant marketing strategy in the making ? -> like prelaunch DLC -> a special moustache or a brass compass ! Or a pink saddle for my horse.
    Or are you going to bribe gaming magazines with a box of menié balls -> hope they don't think its candy.

Quote Originally Posted by Leifr
    I daresay that War of Rights is already in a more complete state than many other Early Access games available on Steam, despite the slew of features and mechanics still absent from the game.

Ooh -> games like "Wild west online" are in a complete state (of ****) … and it took only months to develop ! There are some real 'masterpieces' to be found in early acces /cynismmode off
    Last edited by Redleader; 11-26-2018 at 06:59 PM.
    I write for my personal account and from personal experience, unless stated otherwise.

CSA Sergeant

Also up to us who bought in early to help word of mouth about how great this game is. I know I talked a few guys in my clan to buy in when it goes EA. I think $30 is great but maybe a little discount to entice more numbers. I only say this seeing the success of games like SCUM who nobody was really tracking but for $20 a ton of people gave it a chance. I think they had 100k people buy in the first week. But I'm sure you also don't want the riff raff that try something, act like idiots, lone wolf and ruin it for others.

RhettVito
    War of Rights developers will there be server admins and moderators? Early Access there is going to be definitely trolls and a lot of racist idiots. With that coming in I really hope that you guys will assign moderators and admins that will be able to do stuff in the in game servers
    Last edited by RhettVito; 11-26-2018 at 08:16 PM.

There are some rather exciting things being worked on behind the scenes though which we'll talk about when they are further along at some point after the early access launch.

- Trusty
    Oooh, I like exciting things!

Quote Originally Posted by RhettVito View Post
    War of Rights developers will there be server admins and moderators? Early Access there is going to be definitely trolls and a lot of racist idiots. With that coming in I really hope that you guys will assign moderators and admins that will be able to do stuff in the in game servers
    I don't know about racists, but I imagine a bucket load of trolls, like in any game. I wonder how the devs will go about monitering for abuse?

USA Lieutenant General

Awesome congrats CG!

Quote Originally Posted by Ramirez Nicholas J. View Post
    Oooh, I like exciting things!

I don't know about racists, but I imagine a bucket load of trolls, like in any game. I wonder how the devs will go about monitering for abuse?
    The mute button is there for a reason.

- Trusty

Can’t wait to buy it, congratulations.

Is the server cap for public servers 150 players?