Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: War of Rights is launching on Steam Early Access December 3rd 2018!

USA Brigadier General

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    No, the last part of the crowdfunding campaign (the raise pledge option) will shut down as we launch on Early Access.

This is because you are not allowed to sell DLC outside of the Steam store when your product is purchasable there.

Thank you for wanting to support us even further though.

- Trusty
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
    My first pay check after my apprenticeship was reserved for you guys D: bye bye General :/

Interesting but how is it possible for example Digital Combat Simulator to sell the Game/DLC in Steam and their own Shop? is it because you are also able to buy it via Steam? Do you know this?
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=522&dateline=14500460  02

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Decimus Meridius View Post
    My first pay check after my apprenticeship was reserved for you guys D: bye bye General :/

Interesting but how is it possible for example Digital Combat Simulator to sell the Game/DLC in Steam and their own Shop? is it because you are also able to buy it via Steam? Do you know this?
    Because they are selling the same DLC on Steam also.

- Trusty

USA Major General

I have there maybe a solution for you, just take a look in your private message.

Kind regards

Shaw
    Founder of the Union Army North & South
    Look at our Iron Brigade.

Add me!

CSA Sergeant

Yeah DCS is one of those odd programs that was allowed to do both. But you'll see when you purchase certain things for DCS that say work in Steam or will not work in Steam.

Steam takes a nice little percentage of not only game sales but also DLCs and any addon produced by a 3rd party dev for DCS. A lot of times 3rd party devs aren't too happy to have a percentage taken for just putting their aircraft on steam.

This is a big issue with sims like X-Plane and was ultimately the downfall of Dovetail's Flight simulator.

USA Major

The coming weeks will be very exciting, no doubt, even if there will undoubtedly be growing pains.

Quote Originally Posted by Krieger View Post
    The coming weeks will be very exciting, no doubt, even if there will undoubtedly be growing pains.
    We can support the game by being active during release week and writing a solid steam review (with the pro's & con's off course).
    Hope the game gets some spotlight on steam

Congratulations. Much faster than I expected.

Quote Originally Posted by RhettVito View Post
    War of Rights developers will there be server admins and moderators? Early Access there is going to be definitely trolls and a lot of racist idiots. With that coming in I really hope that you guys will assign moderators and admins that will be able to do stuff in the in game servers
    Unfortunately lot of people here are about to figure out just how bad trolling can disrupt a community in very short order. shakehead.gif I don't think there's any way I could possibly exaggerate this point enough.
    Last edited by Poorlaggedman; 11-29-2018 at 07:41 PM.
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

CSA Captain

We. Need. Community. Admins.
    Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in!

USA General of the Army

Quote Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
    We. Need. Community. Admins.
    ^ Second.

It's going to exstremly important as there was a notable increase in the volume of TKing and trolling right after beta was dropped.

USA Lieutenant General

Quote Originally Posted by Bravescot View Post
    ^ Second.

It's going to exstremly important as there was a notable increase in the volume of TKing and trolling right after beta was dropped.
    The CG and the moderator team are already looking into it.

Thanks, Kyle