Thread: Get Your Steam Reviews Ready

USA Major

Get Your Steam Reviews Ready

I already wrote mine and will post it as soon as it goes live. You guys all know how important reviews are for the success of a game and this is "go time" for the devs who have worked 6 long years on War of Rights. I can't imagine working that long on something I was passionate about and the extra 20-30 reviews early next week can really make the difference to help get the ball rolling. They deserve a successful launch and let's face it, the more players we get in here the better it will be for everyone so take a few minutes if you have it before next Monday and show the love.

BTW the Steam page looks amazing with videos and tons of great screenies and info. Great job devs!
    Last edited by Shiloh; 11-28-2018 at 06:53 AM.

CSA Major

Having seen the B-Roll footage for the Early Access trailer, I feel comfortable enough to say that you all make this game what it is. It's clearly evident that the community is passionate about their units, their friends and their ACW history. It's important to be balanced, take review of the last eighteen months and consider how far both the game and the community built upon it has come.

Thank you for this - we certainly appreciate if you are willing to spend the time on a review.

I'd like to point out in advance, just so you are not surprised, that the majority of you will find that your review will be marked "Received the product for free." or the like. This is because that Valve only recently added actual crowdfunding backer reward Steam keys to their backend system - they simply had no setup for crowdfunding rewards until recently. The vast majority of you all will have been given "Press review keys" (just a backend term thing, your access to the game and your backer rewards won't be affected) as those were the only kind of keys available up until the recently.

- Trusty

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    Thank you for this - we certainly appreciate if you are willing to spend the time on a review.

I'd like to point out in advance, just so you are not surprised, that the majority of you will find that your review will be marked "Received the product for free." or the like. This is because that Valve only recently added actual crowdfunding backer reward Steam keys to their backend system - they simply had no setup for crowdfunding rewards until recently. The vast majority of you all will have been given "Press review keys" (just a backend term thing, your access to the game and your backer rewards won't be affected) as those were the only kind of keys available up until the recently.

- Trusty
    I was actually going to suggest we tag the reviews or start them with "I'm a crowdfunding backer" this way it won't look like you've paid off a bunch of people for positive reviews (which aren't needed obviously)
    Pete

USA Major

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post

- Trusty
    It's the very least I can do to promote this great game.

Quote Originally Posted by Melonfish View Post
    I was actually going to suggest we tag the reviews or start them with "I'm a crowdfunding backer" this way it won't look like you've paid off a bunch of people for positive reviews (which aren't needed obviously)
    Pete
    That's a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Melonfish View Post
    Pete
    I think that is a very good idea. I personally wouldnt trust a game where there are mostly positive "Recieved the product for free" Reviews and near to nothing else. It would seem very fishy and lead the potential uninformed buyer into the thinking that this is just a money grabing thing. That would be very sad. The Reviews too should'nt stir up false expectations, so better positive but honest than praise the game for hings it clearly is not. My personal thoughts on that topic.

With confidence and best wishes for the devs for next Monday
    Würm