Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: No fix for black screen

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    CRYENGINE does not support integrated graphics cards such as the Intel r HD 5000 - it requires a DX 11 capable dedicated GPU like an AMD or Nvidia one.

- Trusty
    does this mean that I can not play the game? it used to work on the same computer...

Quote Originally Posted by J. Brenon View Post
    does this mean that I can not play the game? it used to work on the same computer...
    It might have been working at some point when we ran another engine version but as CRYENGINE is not officially supporting it nor can we.

It might run at some point in the future as well but it will remain guesswork as, again, it is not supported officially.

- Trusty

Yes it is on my laptop. So just to clarify I should use a gaming desktop and it should work instead of my laptop?

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by J. Brenon View Post
    Yes it is on my laptop. So just to clarify I should use a gaming desktop and it should work instead of my laptop?
    Not necessarily a desktop PC, you need a GPU that can better run War of Rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Fancy Sweetroll View Post
    Following the tips under Performance Problems miiiiight fix it for you.

https://www.warofrightsforum.com/sho...sues-amp-Fixes
    I feel like my post went unnoticed, so allow me to quote myself

It didn't go unnoticed haha, sorry. I checked all of the things on that list and it didn't fix it. I believe TrustyJam was right. I went out last night and bought a nice gaming desktop PC and I can now play the game. I appreciate everyone's help and input regarding this issue....but now it has been a while since I have been able to play so I have a few questions. How can I use voice chat through my mic?

Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke View Post
    N key by default, I think, but most people rebind this key under Settings.
    okay, I remember before I had discord, is this something that is necessary for voice chat?

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Also make sure the mic is set in windows sound settings as 'Default'.

does anyone know what is causing this? this is the first time I've had this problem, I tried to run the game the window pops up and I get a complete black screen and a few of my plugged in USB devices get turned off,

my system

CPU = AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Proessor GHz
    RAM = 96.0 GB
    GPU = AMD Radeon R9 295X2

CSA Major

96GB of DDR memory, are you running 3 x 32GB sticks? I'm not familiar with your system, but I'm under the impression that dual-channel motherboards are usually somewhat unstable when correct pairings aren't made. If you have USB ports turning themselves off, it sounds like a larger system instability rather than strictly War of Rights.