Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Steam Release Private Servers Question

Quote Originally Posted by MercerQC View Post
    Ya but nothing about this game says it wants to be casual. It's pretty much the opposite, they definitely care about being authentic hardcore and definitely NOT casual.

So are they gonna answer the need of the MAJOR portion of people who will buy this, to not be a filthy casual and be part of organized events.
    Or are they still gonna pretend they are building a game for a mass market and prevent people from having locked organized events to prove their point, cause if they do, this game is dead in less then 2 months.

The only way this game can have longevity is through organized community.
    I appreciate you probably don't understand how to grow a community in a game. One way not to grow it is before the game is even out of early release, closing off the game to potential customers.

I understand your elitist views regarding realism. The game still needs to be accessible for everyone, so future realism converts aren't put off by empty servers.

Yours truly, the one without the rose tinted glasses.

All I can say is that I'm part of a Community of around 20-30 people that would love to play this game in organized battles without any mic-spams, rambos and bullshit happening, while being able to have enough room on the other team for another organized group to join.

Yes, public matches already got their own appeal, but if there's no password locked servers for events then there's a lot of organized players that wouldn't even touch this game with their fingertips.
    And buddies, it's not as if every single organized player would ONLY log on if there's an event going on.

Password protected private servers is a MUST for every game if it wants to hold Clans that like Events. End of Story, no rose tint glasses here.

Quote Originally Posted by Xolbadur View Post
    All I can say is that I'm part of a Community of around 20-30 people that would love to play this game in organized battles without any mic-spams, rambos and bullshit happening, while being able to have enough room on the other team for another organized group to join.

Yes, public matches already got their own appeal, but if there's no password locked servers for events then there's a lot of organized players that wouldn't even touch this game with their fingertips.
    And buddies, it's not as if every single organized player would ONLY log on if there's an event going on.

Password protected private servers is a MUST for every game if it wants to hold Clans that like Events. End of Story, no rose tint glasses here.
    What about players who are not members of the unit but still want to participate in the organized events?

Quote Originally Posted by fury1ord View Post
    What about players who are not members of the unit but still want to participate in the organized events?
    They are free to join us as Mercenaries.

They are free to join us as Mercenaries.
    Great! Where do they get the server password to join?

Quote Originally Posted by fury1ord View Post
    Great! Where do they get the server password to join?
    The Server most likely will have the name of our Regiment. They are free to look it up online and join our Teamspeak. If they are too lazy to do that or not interested in all, then it wouldn't be the kind of player that's interested in closed events to begin with.

I don't see the reason for your questioning, as I said, it's not that Regiments will sit on their password protected servers 24/7. It's maybe 2 events per week, 1-2 hours each.
    And as I said earlier, a lot of those organized players that participate in such events, won't even touch the game if there isn't the possibility for events.
    We're not locking anyone out of playing the game if we have our Events, but the Game is locking a huge chunk of playerbase out by not offering those servers.

I totally agree that at some stage private servers are standard and needed. However in a game still in early access, so before its full release, they shouldn't have them. you want to grow the userbase before the full launch before those are in place.

Or kill it by not having it, because they won't attract a huge playerbase that is dependand on those servers. Really smart.

Or kill it by not having it, because they won't attract a huge playerbase that is dependand on those servers. Really smart.
    3000 new users, and over 5000 backers on kickstarter without private servers. Hows that happened? lol

'Cause they got tricked by buying the game, thinking that those servers exist, like me. And sales numbers =/= active players.