Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Team kills and trolls

I think TK should still be enabled at all times for realism, but frequent tkers need to be punished.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBagpipe View Post
    I think TK should still be enabled at all times for realism, but frequent tkers need to be punished.
    That’s what is in the game now.

I agree with a limited forgive system, it's works well on other multiplayer games. If someone is "troll killing" you can use the system to not forgive them and then if enough players refuse to forgive a deliberate TKiller, the offender could face a penalty time exclusion.

The melees are bedlam but I think would be better if you could easily identify friend from foe, more realistic.

"C’est magnifique, mais ce n’est pas la guerre: c'est de la folie"

I'm all up for a Rising Storm 2/Red Orchestra 2 style forgive system.

USA Captain

It's easy enough to give benefit of the doubt, but sometimes, it is very obvious people are TKing on purpose.
    Descendant of David Jewell - 1st Maine Heavy Artillery, Philo Johnson - 11th Vermont/1st VTHA

I for one am so sick and tired of getting TKd by random people not in any unit when you ask them nicely to fall in. especially if they are a new player (or they say so) and spawn in as an officer and you ask them nicely to change class so that your Company leadership can take the role. Happens way to often. I see the value in renting a server but there needs to be a password lock. These trolls are ruining the game and we work hard to stay organized and its just too easy for some random to come disrupt your line while you have members that cant get on the server because it reads full at 130
    Sgt.Maj Odin B. Jasper
    72nd Pennsylvania Company A Baxter's "Fire Zouaves"

In all fairness you can't really tell anyone what to do outside of an event. It's more of a suggestion in a video game. An event to me requires a password. Every person who enters a passworded server knows darn well what they're doing, even if the PW is in the title of the server.

Ordering people around isn't trolling but TKing definitely is and something people will be banned for I'm sure in large numbers so more savvy players who might otherwise be tempted to act out get to choose whether to shape up or start losing their ability to play the game.

I admire the willpower of people trying to run events, it's something I would never do without admin controls though. I'm borderline whether I'd try to until there's passwords as well because you get too many people wandering into the server who you can't morally hold accountable for knowing event rules. This being said you don't need strict events at this stage in the game.

What worries me is the official servers, they're going to need admins and server rules of some sort for sure or they'll become total cesspools full of players banned on the community-owned servers.
    Last edited by Poorlaggedman; 12-17-2018 at 01:39 PM.
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

USA Captain

I admit to being a hypocrite. I assassinated someone who I saw kill one of the CS officers and then later bayoneted another officer when a charge was very obviously over. I feel like I just had confession. Now to go say a Hail Mary.
    Descendant of David Jewell - 1st Maine Heavy Artillery, Philo Johnson - 11th Vermont/1st VTHA

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeto View Post
    Since team kills happen a lot in a match especially during charges, maybe we could try a forgive system. If some one team kills you by accident, you get a simple yes or no button to choose to forgive them or not, if you forgive them it will not hurt that player, however if a person is being a total jerk and doing it on purpose they can be removed from game after three no forgives, or something along those lines.
    To prevent started another chat, i'm bumping this old thread. a Forgive option would be nice and it works in other games. If someone accidentally tk's you, you can typ forgive or fg and forgive the tk.

They do need to rework the three TK limit with arty though. Seen arty make one mistake and get banned right away when they didn't do it on purpose.