Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Team kills and trolls

Musician

Quote Originally Posted by Poorlaggedman View Post
    Forgive systems make people just as reckless. It's not that hard in a game where you're supposed to be in formation with friendlies to not kill friendlies especially when the game gracefully tells you when you do so. You have to learn and get better. Servers can hopefully change the Team damage kick threshold on their own some day if people think it's too harsh or they don't want people kicked during a particular event or training scenario....
    I have seen you voice a similar position to this, on the forums and I would agree. The devs will hopefully allow for private servers to adjust factors as TK thresholds and much more. Until then, enjoy the "stock" game settings! ~

Quote Originally Posted by Jason99vmi View Post
    Well the problem is as you charge and become intermingled the suppression system kicks in. Thus rendering the ability to see colors of uniforms non existent. So the stabby stabby gets a precarious.

That sounds like maybe the issue is the suppression mechanics rather than the kick mechanics? I am pretty sure that in an actual bayonet charge, things got a little fucky. So I'm okay with it being a cluster fuck and really dangerous. In this game, you die a lot. At Sharpsburg, 23,000 men died, were wounded, or went missing over the course of the single-day battle. I think that is an important reality to portray in the game.
    "The time for war has not yet come, but it will come, and that soon; and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard."
    - Major General Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

CSA Major

Nothing wrong with the stock settings for game play, however if someone accidentally shoots one person, then stabs two people, one on two different charges or any other combo. I do not think a person should be kicked, team kills happen a lot, it is not done on purpose it is just the way things are. But with a forgive system you can police trolls in game and forgive the ones not doing it on purpose, the game play does not change, just adding a small question to forgive or not.

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeto View Post
    Nothing wrong with the stock settings for game play, however if someone accidentally shoots one person, then stabs two people, one on two different charges or any other combo. I do not think a person should be kicked, team kills happen a lot, it is not done on purpose it is just the way things are. But with a forgive system you can police trolls in game and forgive the ones not doing it on purpose, the game play does not change, just adding a small question to forgive or not.
    Agreeing with this.
    Captain Carter, North Carolina - Serving the 6th Louisiana

Ancestry
    Private John Autry - 2nd NC Light Battery Company C
    Sergeant Daniel Autry - 20th NC Infantry Company I
    Private Amos Ammons - 53rd VA Infantry (Unknown company)
    Private Alpheus Ammons - 20th VA Cavalry (Maybe Company A, died in battle, Fisher Hill)
    Private Daniel J. Ammons (DJ) - 51st NC Company K
    Private Reason Ammons - 20th VA Cavalry Company A

The main reason is because people don't learn with a forgive system. You saw this all the time in game servers that had forgive systems enabled or forgive plugins installed vs ones that don't within the same game. Players should realistically hold back in fear if they are unsure whose friend or foe. IMO CQB happens far too much and it's way over-utilized in a lot of situations that make no sense and things need to be done to discourage that. I'm not a fan of the black and white screen with suppression. It's effective but I'm not a fan of it for anything but the most extreme levels.

I had a full server for a few hours last night and I can find only one reference in the server log to a player being banned and the bans are only 3600 seconds at present. That's pretty reasonable.

Today someone named w0wzer was autobanned banned today and tried rejoining many times so I'm guessing the game doesn't tell people that they're banned yet.
    Last edited by Poorlaggedman; 12-05-2018 at 03:52 AM.
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

agreed

Melee TK problem is technical mostly.

Players should realistically hold back in fear if they are unsure whose friend or foe. IMO CQB happens far too much and it's way over-utilized in a lot of situations that make no sense and things need to be done to discourage that.
    Personally I think perhaps the opposite in regards to the first comment. Men whos lives are on the line are probably more likely to act first in self defense. I think this rationale can be seen in all the cop shootings. They are trained yet still often fire too soon, purely down to their own life being on the line. In a massive melee I imagine many would shoot/stab before fully taking in their surroundings.

I agree that compared to history CQB does occur more than it did then. However this is because our lives aren't on the line, and frankly a charge is fun. How do you implement a system that stops people doing it? I mean, it happens more often than it did historically. But so does forming a line in the middle of open terrain and firing away at another line in open terrain.

Teamkills should increase your personal respawn timer.
    1 teamkill = + 30 sec
    2 teamkills = + 120 sec
    3 teamkills = + 200 sec
    etc.

CSA Major

The main reason is because people don't learn with a forgive system. You saw this all the time in game servers that had forgive systems enabled or forgive plugins installed vs ones that don't within the same game. Players should realistically hold back in fear if they are unsure whose friend or foe. IMO CQB happens far too much and it's way over-utilized in a lot of situations that make no sense and things need to be done to discourage that. I'm not a fan of the black and white screen with suppression. It's effective but I'm not a fan of it for anything but the most extreme levels.

I had a full server for a few hours last night and I can find only one reference in the server log to a player being banned and the bans are only 3600 seconds at present. That's pretty reasonable.

Today someone named w0wzer was autobanned banned today and tried rejoining many times so I'm guessing the game doesn't tell people that they're banned yet.
    The people who team kill all the time will learn, because they will be kicked out of game because no one is forgiving them. If you team kill and do it all the time people will not forgive you. Plus this game players are more closely tied together because of being in regiments, so you can more easily distinguish between troll or not.

USA Colonel

On one hand, I think people should be more disciplined and listen to their training. On the other hand, accidents happen and we are human. So I can see both points.

Is there a need for it? I abstain from answering that, because the answer is both Yes and No. It is a complicated matter that needs further discussion.