Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 47

Thread: Rent a War of Rights server

  1. #11

    USA Captain

    Pvt. Dane Karlsen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    37
    It sounds pretty decent. Im even prone to call it cheap. Just 6 Kroner per month per slot. If one or two big companies get together and with some crowdfunding. It should be possible? If they will even be needed

  2. #12

    CSA Captain


    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    536
    So I can host a 1000 man server, huh?
    Currahee!

  3. #13
    I specifically understood we weren't going to get this dropped on us on Monday banghead.gif
    Suggestion: Formations, Suppression, Spawning, Leadership https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZqPsbvyD8s


    Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

  4. #14

    CSA Captain


    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    536
    Okay, so whats the RCON access? Can I change maps?
    Currahee!

  5. #15
    Are there admin powers of any type built into the game? The ban feature on the website does not seem to work.
    Suggestion: Formations, Suppression, Spawning, Leadership https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZqPsbvyD8s


    Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
    Okay, so whats the RCON access? Can I change maps?
    You should be able to change map via the G-Portal website. It's supposed to restart the server when doing it though. On their website it may be labeled as something like "Select Preset". We are still working out issues with changing the level on the server while running, without the server dying.

    - edit

    And when I say change map I mean change the server from Antietam -> DrillCamp or DrillCamp -> HarpersFerry.

    We'll be providing the capability of changing to various skirmish areas on the fly soon.

  7. #17
    Reading the server.log I'm confused. What are the IDs that players have? Myself for example it references

    sid=1402CEE04730002
    and
    remote user [Poorlaggedman][01:1:00001:014FB95D]

    using the second blotch of numbers and letters several times. Is that our permanent ID as far as the game is concerned? It's not my steamID but it appears to be consistent among my various times connecting as with other players.

    I see other references to steamIDs by the [CPunishmentManager] but they don't seem to be actual steamIDs.


    Also unrelated but I'm assuming the server files will eventually be released so we can host our own server or pay a totally different company to? I wouldn't want to do that any time soon with the frequent updates obviously.
    Last edited by Poorlaggedman; 12-05-2018 at 04:34 AM.
    Suggestion: Formations, Suppression, Spawning, Leadership https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZqPsbvyD8s


    Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Poorlaggedman View Post
    Reading the server.log I'm confused. What are the IDs that players have? Myself for example it references

    sid=1402CEE04730002
    and
    remote user [Poorlaggedman][01:1:00001:014FB95D]

    using the second blotch of numbers and letters several times. Is that our permanent ID as far as the game is concerned? It's not my steamID but it appears to be consistent among my various times connecting as with other players.

    I see other references to steamIDs by the [CPunishmentManager] but they don't seem to be actual steamIDs.


    Also unrelated but I'm assuming the server files will eventually be released so we can host our own server or pay a totally different company to? I wouldn't want to do that any time soon with the frequent updates obviously.
    I guess you are trying to get the steam id of the player in order to ban people. The Ban tab on the G-Portal website requires the server to restart before the player is actually banned, making it mostly useless.

    We are working on a much better and easier to use system where you can via the G-Portal website, save certain steam IDs to a file. The players with those steam IDs will then have permanent ingame admin rights on that particular server, no need to log in or anything. Then all you need to do, is to look at someone, hold a button, like E for example, which activates a menu. In that menu you can then click ban, kick, kill, kick from voicechat. You will also be able to switch skirmish area. Possibly also change the weather and change the time of day. We'll be implementing the ban command first and if everything goes as planned, it should be ready within a week.

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Fancy Sweetroll View Post
    I guess you are trying to get the steam id of the player in order to ban people. The Ban tab on the G-Portal website requires the server to restart before the player is actually banned, making it mostly useless.
    It's important to be able to ban people based on reports also without hunting a steam name that could have changed. I'm just wondering what the numbers mean and if there's any way to translate that to a player which can be added to a ban list later. It's important to be able to link steamIDs to the manner you ban in-game, since steam is what everyone has to use.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fancy Sweetroll View Post
    We are working on a much better and easier to use system where you can via the G-Portal website, save certain steam IDs to a file. The players with those steam IDs will then have permanent ingame admin rights on that particular server, no need to log in or anything. Then all you need to do, is to look at someone, hold a button, like E for example, which activates a menu. In that menu you can then click ban, kick, kill, kick from voicechat.
    Whatever you can do fastest for the short term. Banning from a player list would be a lot better through an in-game admin interface would be best. Having to be close to a player is a major disadvantage, even if it included being in spectate. Players tend to leave when they think they're going to be banned.

    It would also help if the server log records the bans while admin actions can be anonymous to non-admins in the server. Admins are another thing that need to be policed and a paper trail of what they're doing is just as important. I made a list of things a while back that would be very helpful

    My entire server style relies on a culture of fear.
    https://www.warofrightsforum.com/sho...rver+questions


    Also a lot of servers aren't showing up in the game browser. More than half of them. I'm getting about 23-25 servers and there's 57 according to the steam browser.
    Last edited by Poorlaggedman; 12-06-2018 at 04:08 AM.
    Suggestion: Formations, Suppression, Spawning, Leadership https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZqPsbvyD8s


    Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

  10. #20
    When an admin bans or kicks someone, or when the autoban does it. The game chat is supposed to just say something like [System]: [CG]FancySweetroll has been banned, though you really wont be able to ban us

    We'll probably also make admins able to right click on users in the tab menu and select an action from a list.

    I guess we could also make something for admins in the tab menu where theres another list in the bottom that shows the latest 50 players that were on the server, but have now left. Allowing you to still click on them and ban their steamID, though this would be a thing to come after the first implementation.

    sid is the SessionID.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •