Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rent a War of Rights server

I specifically understood we weren't going to get this dropped on us on Monday banghead.gif
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

CSA Captain

Okay, so whats the RCON access? Can I change maps?
    Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in!

Are there admin powers of any type built into the game? The ban feature on the website does not seem to work.

Quote Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
    Okay, so whats the RCON access? Can I change maps?
    You should be able to change map via the G-Portal website. It's supposed to restart the server when doing it though. On their website it may be labeled as something like "Select Preset". We are still working out issues with changing the level on the server while running, without the server dying.

- edit

And when I say change map I mean change the server from Antietam -> DrillCamp or DrillCamp -> HarpersFerry.

We'll be providing the capability of changing to various skirmish areas on the fly soon.

Reading the server.log I'm confused. What are the IDs that players have? Myself for example it references

sid=1402CEE04730002
    and
    remote user [Poorlaggedman][01:1:00001:014FB95D]

using the second blotch of numbers and letters several times. Is that our permanent ID as far as the game is concerned? It's not my steamID but it appears to be consistent among my various times connecting as with other players.

I see other references to steamIDs by the [CPunishmentManager] but they don't seem to be actual steamIDs.

Also unrelated but I'm assuming the server files will eventually be released so we can host our own server or pay a totally different company to? I wouldn't want to do that any time soon with the frequent updates obviously.
    Last edited by Poorlaggedman; 12-05-2018 at 04:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Poorlaggedman View Post
    Reading the server.log I'm confused. What are the IDs that players have? Myself for example it references

sid=1402CEE04730002
    and
    remote user [Poorlaggedman][01:1:00001:014FB95D]

using the second blotch of numbers and letters several times. Is that our permanent ID as far as the game is concerned? It's not my steamID but it appears to be consistent among my various times connecting as with other players.

I see other references to steamIDs by the [CPunishmentManager] but they don't seem to be actual steamIDs.

Also unrelated but I'm assuming the server files will eventually be released so we can host our own server or pay a totally different company to? I wouldn't want to do that any time soon with the frequent updates obviously.
    I guess you are trying to get the steam id of the player in order to ban people. The Ban tab on the G-Portal website requires the server to restart before the player is actually banned, making it mostly useless.

We are working on a much better and easier to use system where you can via the G-Portal website, save certain steam IDs to a file. The players with those steam IDs will then have permanent ingame admin rights on that particular server, no need to log in or anything. Then all you need to do, is to look at someone, hold a button, like E for example, which activates a menu. In that menu you can then click ban, kick, kill, kick from voicechat. You will also be able to switch skirmish area. Possibly also change the weather and change the time of day. We'll be implementing the ban command first and if everything goes as planned, it should be ready within a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Fancy Sweetroll View Post
    I guess you are trying to get the steam id of the player in order to ban people. The Ban tab on the G-Portal website requires the server to restart before the player is actually banned, making it mostly useless.
    It's important to be able to ban people based on reports also without hunting a steam name that could have changed. I'm just wondering what the numbers mean and if there's any way to translate that to a player which can be added to a ban list later. It's important to be able to link steamIDs to the manner you ban in-game, since steam is what everyone has to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Fancy Sweetroll View Post
    We are working on a much better and easier to use system where you can via the G-Portal website, save certain steam IDs to a file. The players with those steam IDs will then have permanent ingame admin rights on that particular server, no need to log in or anything. Then all you need to do, is to look at someone, hold a button, like E for example, which activates a menu. In that menu you can then click ban, kick, kill, kick from voicechat.
    Whatever you can do fastest for the short term. Banning from a player list would be a lot better through an in-game admin interface would be best. Having to be close to a player is a major disadvantage, even if it included being in spectate. Players tend to leave when they think they're going to be banned.

It would also help if the server log records the bans while admin actions can be anonymous to non-admins in the server. Admins are another thing that need to be policed and a paper trail of what they're doing is just as important. I made a list of things a while back that would be very helpful

My entire server style relies on a culture of fear.
    https://www.warofrightsforum.com/sho...rver+questions

Also a lot of servers aren't showing up in the game browser. More than half of them. I'm getting about 23-25 servers and there's 57 according to the steam browser.
    Last edited by Poorlaggedman; 12-06-2018 at 04:08 AM.

When an admin bans or kicks someone, or when the autoban does it. The game chat is supposed to just say something like [System]: [CG]FancySweetroll has been banned, though you really wont be able to ban us

We'll probably also make admins able to right click on users in the tab menu and select an action from a list.

I guess we could also make something for admins in the tab menu where theres another list in the bottom that shows the latest 50 players that were on the server, but have now left. Allowing you to still click on them and ban their steamID, though this would be a thing to come after the first implementation.

sid is the SessionID.

Hey great guys from campfire.

I don't like to complain, I really enjoy what you guys are making here but I'm shocked.

The prices of these servers are insane, sorry, but really outrageous..
    You have to allow us to self-host, and not be stuck with one monopoly company.

a 150 slot server is setting us back 100 dollar to 120 dollar per month depending on region, and that is just not right.

I can set things up myself, I can get a cloud box for a penny or even a full dedicated server box for half that price, which can host probably 3 or more 150 slot servers. Like this one in Germany:
    https://www.hetzner.com/dedicated-rootserver/ex61-nvme

You cannot make me any argument that these prices from that company are real, the above example has a latest Intel 6 core, 64 GB ram and 1 gigabit unmetered uplink. NVME drive..
    I mean.. really.. for HALF of a single 150 slot server.

I understand perhaps you want to have easy server updates and steam updates, but your going to kill your community like that.
    Clans are not rich enterprises, they have to live off donations or rich leaders that are willing to invest large amounts of money every month. and that is not easy happening.

So please consider giving out the ability to self-host. Preferably both Linux and windows, but a windows only build is not a problem.

Clans like to have a public server, a training server and perhaps a linebattle/event server, you can't do such things without self hosting.

Next is the case of admin tools, there are none, haven't you guys considered it? I mean it has been in development for so long, and NOBODY talked about it?
    This stuff is essential if you release your game, Early access or not. if its on steam so its released. people enjoy public play, and with public play come problems...
    You should supply basic things to server owners.
    It should be top priority next to crashing bugs to be honest to have a working set of admin tools.

Next a minor complaint a bit offtopic here is that you should consider regional prices, in my country (Poland) the game is costing 120 zloty, which is a giant ammount of money with our salary here, we earn like 1200 zloty per month, me as a student I earn 600. the game should cost like 30-40 zloty, not more.. my friends and clan mates cannot play the game because they simply cannot afford to buy it.

CSA Major

I don't think the price point is really all that outrageous at all to be honest, it's certainly in line with equivalent games that have been recently released. Post Scriptum and Square are currently more expensive than War of Rights. The busiest server available for IL2: Cliffs of Dover require donations of $250 just to keep their main server running. Of course clans have to self-fund their servers, whether that be through public donation or internally. Not all clans require servers, not all clan servers need to be sized to the maximum available and not all full-sized servers need to be self-funded. It's entirely down to the group members to figure out how they can pool their resources to best fit their needs.

That said, alternative hosting companies would be ideal. It would also be nice if one could self-host on a local machine for small drills, although I am not sure on the system requirements that would require. Administration tools will arrive very soon, it has been mentioned numerous times both here and on the Steam forums.

The pricing of the game right now in certain regions has likely been suggested by Steam. I believe they tend to set regional costs based on the developer's pricing in their preferred currency (£/$). Forty złoty is around £8, whew that's cheap.