Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 47

Thread: Rent a War of Rights server

  1. #21
    Yes, for you Brits 40 złoty or 8 pounds sound very cheap, but were not earning so much, the average salary in my city for any job is around 1200 złoty per month for a full time employment, why do you think 2 million Polish people moved to Great Britain?

    And your argument that the prices are fine and comparable to other games is simply not true,
    sure a slot price is same for another game, but you don't buy a server of 150 slots for those games, those are games have like 64 slots per server.
    Most likely the server load will just be the same for other games at 64 slots and this one at 150.. because it will take full on a single core on the server box, so its not like WOR requires more server load than a 64 slot server from another game.
    A monopoly is NEVER good. and we can see why. 100 dollar for a server is insane.

    Your IL2 argument also doesn't work. I don't know what they are running and how and why, but you can self host that game on a dedicated box, so the prices could be much lower.
    Last edited by CharlesHoster; 12-06-2018 at 03:24 PM.

  2. #22
    Moderator

    CSA Major

    Leifr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,215
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesHoster View Post
    And your argument that the prices are fine is simply not true, sure a slot price is same for another game, but you don't buy a sever of 150 slots for those games, those are like 64 slots per server. and most likely the server load will just be scaled full on a single core on the server box, so its not like WOR requires more server load than a 64 slot server from another game.
    A monopoly is NEVER good. and we can see why. 100 dollar for a server is insane.
    Do you need 150 slots?

  3. #23
    That's like asking do you need 200 slot servers in Napoleonic Wars, of course you need that for events.

    By the way, your examples of Squad and Post Scriptum makes no sense, you can self host those two games, and there are concurrence providers that ask less money.
    Last edited by CharlesHoster; 12-06-2018 at 03:23 PM.

  4. #24
    Moderator

    CSA Major

    Leifr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,215
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesHoster View Post
    That's like asking do you need 200 slot servers in Napoleonic Wars, of course you need that for events.

    By the way, your examples of Squad and Post Scriptum makes no sense, you can self host those two games, and there are concurrence providers that ask less money.
    If you're self-hosting, what's the issue with slot cost?
    For the record, I am in agreement that we do need self-hosting at some point and a more complete arsenal of administration tools. These things are coming though, just not right now.

  5. #25
    There would be no problem with slot costs if WoR was able to be self hosted, and it would also help if there was not a single monopoly company hosting all servers. for outragious prices.

    So if you are agreeing we need self-hosting, why do you try to defend these outrageous prices??

    Why not now, I assume your not a developer, but we the community deserve to know when we can expect to host our own servers.

  6. #26
    Moderator

    CSA Major

    Leifr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,215
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesHoster View Post
    There would be no problem with slot costs if WoR was able to be self hosted, and it would also help if there was not a single monopoly company hosting all servers. for outragious prices.

    So if you are agreeing we need self-hosting, why do you try to defend these outrageous prices??

    Why not now, I assume your not a developer, but we the community deserve to know when we can expect to host our own servers.
    Because it's not particularly outrageous?
    The development team is small, they don't have the luxury of a major publisher behind them and priorities have to be made. I know that Fancy Sweetroll is working on some rudimentary administration controls currently and that they should be available within the week or thereabouts. As far as I am aware, the loading issues some folk suffer from is currently the top priority.

  7. #27
    Please link me any game where a standard sized server costs 120 dollar per month. It is insane. sorry, if you can get a dedicated server box as i example above for half the price. it is not right.

    Nice that you guys prioritize on the development of those things it is great to hear. but that does not answer the question when do we have the ability to host self hosted community servers?

  8. #28
    Moderator

    CSA Major

    Leifr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,215
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesHoster View Post
    Nice that you guys prioritize on the development of those things it is great to hear. but that does not answer the question when do we have the ability to host self hosted community servers?
    I cannot answer that for you Charles, sorry.

  9. #29

    Musician


    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    NV, USA
    Posts
    17

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesHoster View Post
    There would be no problem with slot costs if WoR was able to be self hosted, and it would also help if there was not a single monopoly company hosting all servers. for outragious prices.

    So if you are agreeing we need self-hosting, why do you try to defend these outrageous prices??

    Why not now, I assume your not a developer, but we the community deserve to know when we can expect to host our own servers.
    I hope that we as a community can understand that this game IS STILL IN DEVELOPMENT. A lot of the complaints that are voiced, while valid, are often rebutted with "that idea would be nice and probably will be worked on, but it's just not available at this point during the development". I am thankful that the devs are responsive to the player base. I have seen more things changed because players wanted it, than I thought I would ever see. I'm also thankful that the player base is so willing to share with the devs what NEEDS to be worked on. Though, we need patience. I understand that this game has been in development for YEARS but I don't often hear the "old guard" bringing these points up with such ferocity. This game isn't complete. Hence the ALPHA stamp on the top left of your screen whenever you play. I will never tell players to keep their complaints to themselves, but I would only ask that we as a community take it on ourselves to learn about the development of the game before we get into arguments with others on the forums about things that ARE ALREADY IN THE WORKS BUT NOT READY YET. I for one hope that your experience in the WoR community/game gets better and that the game's development will continue and show you that the devs aren't assholes that are stealing your money. You just bought onto a game before it was completed

    ~Enjoy m8
    7ae475681d6fafcc84f0edd03e204c1e--dudeism-the-big-lebowski.jpg
    "The time for war has not yet come, but it will come, and that soon; and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard."
    - Major General Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

  10. #30
    I certainly hope we'll have the option of having a different server host eventually and WoR hasn't allowed someone to monopolize it. Like I said though, the current host is good for the frequent updates. That's a service I happily pay for at the time being. I never got anything like that from other hosts I had. Without that players who joined after updating (all players) would not be able to join and probably wouldn't see your server for however long until you update it yourself.
    Suggestion: Formations, Suppression, Spawning, Leadership https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZqPsbvyD8s


    Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •