Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Rent a War of Rights server

CSA Captain

The price point is absolutely outrageous, since we have no control over own server.
    Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in!

USA Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
    The price point is absolutely outrageous, since we have no control over own server.
    i agree

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
    I have a fun story from rented sever... I was running the CSA side on 1st Ga server when a new player asked why are you always in charge? shouldn't you let other players get a chance to lead. To that i responded, you are on a 1st Ga server, if you want to lead go to a public server....he agreed and fell in line, so at least he was respectful in this case. I agree we need better control on these rented servers. Going forward though, there is enough rented servers from the bigger companies that now we should probably meet up in drill camps prior to our normal scheduled events and pick an empty rented server and fill it quickly so we can still have our normal controlled events. Before anyone chimes in about cutting out all the new players to our community, im only talking about 1 or 2 a week at our normal times, and to add we have been working with these new players in all servers to get them up to speed.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcarin View Post
    I have a fun story from rented sever... I was running the CSA side on 1st Ga server when a new player asked why are you always in charge? shouldn't you let other players get a chance to lead. To that i responded, you are on a 1st Ga server, if you want to lead go to a public server....he agreed and fell in line, so at least he was respectful in this case. I agree we need better control on these rented servers. Going forward though, there is enough rented servers from the bigger companies that now we should probably meet up in drill camps prior to our normal scheduled events and pick an empty rented server and fill it quickly so we can still have our normal controlled events. Before anyone chimes in about cutting out all the new players to our community, im only talking about 1 or 2 a week at our normal times, and to add we have been working with these new players in all servers to get them up to speed.
    Picking an empty, "neutral" server is a good idea. That way, both sides of the game get a chance to get in and get established, thus providing clear leadership to any random players that jump in afterwards.
    Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in!

USA Captain

then if I have this server ,,,can I change it to drill server or skirmish server?

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcarin View Post
    Going forward though, there is enough rented servers from the bigger companies that now we should probably meet up in drill camps prior to our normal scheduled events and pick an empty rented server and fill it quickly so we can still have our normal controlled events. Before anyone chimes in about cutting out all the new players to our community, im only talking about 1 or 2 a week at our normal times, and to add we have been working with these new players in all servers to get them up to speed.
    I think this is a very good idea, untill we have servers with basic features. I have seen some insane things the last couple of days. That makes me remeber "the good old days" as beeing a experience of an organised Union side. And even missing getting demolished by 1st GA Better yet. Beating them

Quote Originally Posted by cheeyeah View Post
    then if I have this server ,,,can I change it to drill server or skirmish server?
    Yes, you can change it from the webpage control panel.

chinadude.jpg
    Last edited by Poorlaggedman; 12-11-2018 at 12:21 AM.
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

USA Brigadier General

Quote Originally Posted by Poorlaggedman View Post
    Yes, you can change it from the webpage control panel.

chinadude.jpg
    is it possible or (when) will it be possible to set a specific map?
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=522&dateline=14500460  02

USA General of the Army

I don't think its entirely fair to allow people to rent servers at these prices and not even give them the functionality to password protect or kick people let alone change the bloody map.

CSA Major

Additional server tools will be made available very soon, you are under no obligation to immediately rent a server Oleander.