Thread: Game freezes during map loading

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

USA Sergeant

Game freezes during map loading

I submitted an error report with the game.log file as well, but I encountered this issue last night (12/2) and then again tonight (12/3) where I launch the game, select a server, and starts to load the assets. It gets to the end of the process (about how long it normally takes to load into the game) and freezes. I then have to kill the task to exit the game. The bizarre part about it, I was able to play this afternoon (1500-1720 EDT) without any issue, but when I tried to login at 2100 EDT I encountered the same issue again, where it would freeze during launch. Nothing had changed between 1720 and 2100 hours as the computer was idle. I've attempted the following without success:

1) Restart
    2) Delete War of Rights folder in Saved Games
    3) Uninstall and Reinstall
    4) Uninstall then restart and reinstall
    5) Install on a different drive
    6) Set all graphics to low
    7) Leave graphics on default
    8) Launch in windowed mode

I am running the following setup:

Windows 10 Pro
    3.7GHz Intel i7-8700k
    16GB RAM
    GeForce GTX 1070 Ti

Any other ideas on what to try? This just started happening on 12/2, prior to that no issues

Didn't work for me. My game is also on an SSD that is not my C drive. It was working last night, today it is not.

I was able to play a little while ago today. Now it's hanging again. Why would it not being on C: work sometimes and not others?

Was able to get on just now, but nobody had voip. Game seems more buggy today than it was 3 months ago. Can't get into games, can't leave them, and can't talk when you're in one.

USA Captain

Hope they fix this real soon. Cannot get into maps anymore. Game freezes all the time now.

USA Sergeant

No idea if the devs are following this thread, but it appears to be linked to the number of players on the server. If you join an empty server it loads in no problem, join a server with 30-50 players, also loads in no problem. If I try to load into an almost full server it takes ages, and sometimes either fails to load (even with the precaching turned off) or will load in and crash.

Quote Originally Posted by Drazion View Post
    No idea if the devs are following this thread, but it appears to be linked to the number of players on the server. If you join an empty server it loads in no problem, join a server with 30-50 players, also loads in no problem. If I try to load into an almost full server it takes ages, and sometimes either fails to load (even with the precaching turned off) or will load in and crash.
    Indeed we do - we are fully aware of the issues thanks to the many reports by you guys and the people on the steam forums.

Expect alpha updates focused on fixing these issues for the next good while.

- Trusty

This is my experience too. I can get into servers with low population fine.

USA Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke View Post
    Some 1stCav players were having similar issues during map loading, and they found this useful:

This turns-off character pre-caching and, somehow, seems to resolve certain freezes during map loading.
    That worked ... you sir are my hero.