Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Very Poor performance on high end PC

After experimenting a bit, I think the biggest performance hit are the character models, when they are on screen they give a big performance hit, regardless if I play in 4k or 1080P,
    Which leads me to believe we are GPU limited on vertex count/gpuskinning or are just CPU limited by drawcalls.

The game is very demanding on the CPU. We are constantly working on improving this aspect of the game though and do have several improvements in the works and we did push some of them in an update quite recently just before we hit Early Access.

But you are really doing a disservice to your graphics card by running at medium with your GPU being utilized about 35%. My guess would be if you set everything to Very High, keep corpse count at 50 and set the resolution to 1440p. On a full server, you would see almost no difference in the FPS compared to running the game at low. Apart from your GPU in one scenario being utilized probably 75% and in the other, 30%.

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Turn off, (unload if nessarry,) any resource hogging background programs. Especially if you run any of the big name anti virus. Norton, McAfee, and Avast.

As a point of reference, my system:

i7 9700K, GTX 980 Ti, 32GB DDR4 RAM

50 fps average on a full server. (40-60fps), Very High setting.
    Last edited by Zen; 12-06-2018 at 06:35 PM.

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Zen View Post
    As a point of reference, my system:

i7 9700K, GTX 980 Ti, 32GB DDR4 RAM

50 fps average on a full server. (40-60fps)
    You have an obscene amount of memory Zen. Do you feel it helps? Most people would likely have between 8GB and 16GB available.

I don't think so, but it's there.

Don't think the work I do require that much. Still, wouldn't hurt to have them.

USA Captain

My System is 2x1080Ti, 64GB Ram, 8700K overclocked, NVME SSD.
    It does not help much though.

Reason most systems perform the exact same is probably because, like CharlesHoster said above, drawcall/vertex count/skinning/all of the issues combined.

I tested it myself, changing screen resolution does not matter at all, which is usually the case for most games. Going from HD to 4k is supposed to be a HUGE hit. It should matter. In this case it does not. This can only mean a few things. Most likely it means that you are not limited by anything screen space. Changing settings equally does not change a single thing. Going from 4k Ultra to HD Lowest gives you +10-15fps if there are no unit models, but with players around, there is no difference. Therefore it is very likely that you are limited by either. A.) Number of Drawcalls or B.) GPU/CPU Skinning. Most likely it actually is both.
    Last edited by Olafson; 12-06-2018 at 08:16 PM.

I just upgraded in October and had not had any problems with my new system until the other night on a full server in Harpers Ferry at Shenendoah Street and another map or so the same night. I raised my corpse count to 150 not too long ago and there was an obscene amount of bodies in the street. The big drop in performance came after I was heavily suppressed in a huge meelee street fight. I was surprised

I have a
    GTX 1080
    16GB RAM
    i5 4590 3.3gHZ CPU
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon Blown'Apart View Post
    So is my 4790k @4.6 Ghz crappy now ? don't have any issue with BF1 for example where i had 100-120 FPS in Ultra setting in 1440p. And yes I'm CPU limited as my 1080ti is only at 30% avg
    I'm running at 1080p with a GTX980 and also using a 4790k set @4.6Ghz, with video settings set to high and my frames feel smooth. Tonight I will see what my average frame rate is.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiloh View Post
    I'm running an i5-4670 @3.4GHz and a GTX 1060 6GB on Ultra settings without many issues although I get the occasional crappy frames particularly on Pry Ford and I'm guessing due to the water at Union spawn? Generally though mine would probably be considered a mid-range setup and I'm not sure what my frames are but the game overall runs pretty smooth.
    whats your ram? i have basically the same setup but in big battles get like 25 fps