Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bugged Mess

USA 2nd Lieutenant

Unhappy Bugged Mess

I can only speak as I find: the alpha is a bugged mess. After many attempts blocked by permanent loading screens and fraught exits, I got into one game and it ran clunkily. Beta was no problem in comparison. I see the negative reviews on Steam are trickling in, Steam forums are reflecting similar experiences to mine and the spate of recent patches have not helped.

Got my fingers crossed the alpha gets remedied and the game does not bomb.

A note to fanbois: please do not berate me for my honest descriptions which jar with your seamless experiences.

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Sorry.

But help for your issues cannot be forthcoming without a full description of your system.

Thanks.

CSA Sergeant

Not everyone experiences the same outcome as you personally. As with any game the performance is based on many factors.

Try uninstall and delete WoR folders then reinstall. Sometimes the updates have caused issues. I was stuck in permanent loading screens at one point too but it was a corrupt file from an update not the core game itself.

USA 2nd Lieutenant

I am not asking for help. I only play the game not remedy it -- that is the developers' puppy.

GTX 1080

16 GB RAM

i7

USA 2nd Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke View Post
    I found disabling Character Pre-Caching helps a lot in terms of permanent loading screens. You might find this useful:
    Thank you, Sir, for the information.

what does character pre-caching do exactly just wanna know thx for post

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by WiseNinja15 View Post
    what does character pre-caching do exactly just wanna know thx for post
    The reason for the long loading times in to the Antietam/Harper's Ferry map is because it is loading everything required, rather than it loading textures and LODS when you're already connected. Phase I and some of Phase II of the pre-Early Access used the latter format to loading, it was quicker but players often had performance issues (stuttering) when physically playing as things were loaded in. It was switched to the newer alternate method a few months back, generally for the betterment of the game. Personally, I prefer the current system. With an SSD and some fast timings on the memory sticks, the wait time is a little under a minute.

I am sorry to hear about your issues Volunteer. You are correct in that some negative reviews are appearing, however if you look at the actual review section you'll observe that 86% of 224 ratings are positive. Steam does not tally any of the crowd-funded keys in their aggregate score. All I may say is that you wait and see if any of the forthcoming updates will fix the issues that you are experiencing.

Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke View Post
    It's a trade-off:

With precaching, joining a server takes A LOT longer due to precaching of all the character models.

With no precaching, you might have more stutters while playing the game but you can join servers faster.

Frankly, I would rather have a few FPS stutters while playing than wait forever to join a server.

But it's your preference. Choose your own adventure.
    The difference only ought to be either waiting 2-3 minutes to load in or a bit less than a minute to join in.

Disabling character precaching has not been found to fix any stuck in loading issues. We are still investigating the cause - we are somewhat surprised as to amount of people that have been reporting issues as we have heard relatively little of this during the past few pre-early access months.

- Trusty

USA Major

I've been playing this game for a year and it's always had long load times but it's not that much of an issue for me to even wait a few minutes to load into a game. I go get a snack, something to drink and I come back and it's done.

USA 2nd Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by Leifr View Post

I am sorry to hear about your issues Volunteer. You are correct in that some negative reviews are appearing, however if you look at the actual review section you'll observe that 86% of 224 ratings are positive. Steam does not tally any of the crowd-funded keys in their aggregate score. All I may say is that you wait and see if any of the forthcoming updates will fix the issues that you are experiencing.
    I completely agree with your points and share your optimism for forthcoming updates.