Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: spawn reloaded on flags

USA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Hinkel View Post
    On the other side: Imagine a confederate line is charging and out of a sudden, the enemy is spawning right out of know where, their rifles already loaded and can directly shoot at the charging confederates?
    Honestly? Yeah, I would prefer that. Using the original spawn in some maps is not a big deal because the distance to the objective/any line is not that far, but on some maps it can make the difference. I guess that's what it was planned for, making a difference if used correctly. You may argue that this is what an officer commanding the line should do, use it correctly. Probably fall back to "rally" and letting people spawn in relative safety and then to attack again/countercharge or whatever. I guess that this will work, but only in really well organized regimental events. On public servers it probably won't.
    Would it be an option (that also means if it was practicable in first place) that the flag bearer has to define a spawn location/zone? Probably in a similar way officers can draw lines? I know it would be a very gamey feature I guess, but to be honest the flag bearer already is less on the realism side of things.
    I don't think it would harm the game if flagspawning on both sides was quicker, may it be by faster spawning times or spawning in larger groups.

CSA Captain

The present system is basically useless. The colour bearer is having to stay so close to the front that nine times out of ten the reinforcing players are spawning in front of the line, which gets them shot instantly either by the enemy, or the friendly player they just appeared in front of.
    ''I'm here to play an American Civil War era combat game, not Call of Duty with muskets.''.

USA 1st Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by Sox View Post
    The present system is basically useless. The colour bearer is having to stay so close to the front that nine times out of ten the reinforcing players are spawning in front of the line, which gets them shot instantly either by the enemy, or the friendly player they just appeared in front of.
    You can be about 10 steps back from a line and still spawn people in. That's what I do, and it keeps people from spawning in front.

Best,
    Dman979

CSA Captain

It would be good if it spawned one by one as it is now, but reloaded, or 2-3 each time, but unloaded.

USA General of the Army

Rather than using the flag spawn, would it be possible to make reinforcement areas that can be captured? Flag spawns are kind of iffy at the moment, and I've seen issues where guys have been spawned in front of formation during a volley even with the flag bearer behind the line.