Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: spawn reloaded on flags

USA Major

spawn reloaded on flags

It could be a good idea to spawn reloaded on flags (and probably on any skirmish map spawn). But specifically for flags that could reduce the amount of times players spawn in and hit "r" instantly after they popped up. This causes quite many times players to get stuck on other players.

Honestly, I think the flags can sometimes take way too long to end up spawning, I'll sometimes just get stuck in an endless loop of waiting to spawn only for someone to get in front of me in the queue.

CSA Major

I tend to just use the usual spawn. Flag spawning isn't worth the time spent right now, I feel like it would function better if it was wave-based like the regular entry point rather than individual. Spawning unloaded in the middle of a firefight is almost the worst thing one could do.

Yeah, wave-based spawns of 5 or more would be better. Often times I do the same and just spawn on the usual and haul ass to where I need to be, usually faster. As for the loaded on spawn, I'm in between on it, but right now I wouldn't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble View Post
    It could be a good idea to spawn reloaded on flags (and probably on any skirmish map spawn). But specifically for flags that could reduce the amount of times players spawn in and hit "r" instantly after they popped up. This causes quite many times players to get stuck on other players.
    On the other side: Imagine a confederate line is charging and out of a sudden, the enemy is spawning right out of know where, their rifles already loaded and can directly shoot at the charging confederates?

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    I tend to continue using the original spawn point.

My propensity to be a lead magnet gets me killed all that much quicker spawning on the flag bearer. Especially with spawn points being so irregular around him. Many times I spawn on the flag in no mans land in front of my side firing.

If the flag spawn points could be say 5 - 9 meters behind my line it would lessen the likelihood of insta-spawn death.

USA Captain

I still cant understand numbers near flag spawn.
    They just increase when my teammates dies.
    Now when i wait, i see 4/4 , 6/6 , 7/7 and time refreshes non-stop and my position is uknown..

But why i need to see other players? I think first number should show my position.
    Example: 3/8
    Means, i need to wait for 2 players to spawn..

Heart Of Texas - 1st Texas Infantry Regiment - Texas Brigade - Battle Of Antietam

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by A. P. Hill View Post
    If the flag spawn points could be say 5 - 9 meters behind my line it would lessen the likelihood of insta-spawn death.
    The 9th NY has been posting colours as far behind the lines as possible while still being in formation. It has stopped making people spawn in front of the lines leading to TKs and gives loading in players a chance to load/bayonet/get bearings.

Quote Originally Posted by pastuh View Post
    I still cant understand numbers near flag spawn.
    They just increase when my teammates dies.
    Now when i wait, i see 4/4 , 6/6 , 7/7 and time refreshes non-stop and my position is uknown..

But why i need to see other players? I think first number should show my position.
    Example: 3/8
    Means, i need to wait for 2 players to spawn..
    The timer counts down to the next player in front of the queue spawns.

There is currently a bug in the UI where, if you were 1/1 in the queue and another player joins it, it will write 2/2. This is a visual bug only and does not impact your spawn time.

Flag bearers were never ment to spawn out huge groups of players at once - the flags are extremely powerful already - making them spawn out 5 people at once instead of 1 and they will be the only real game decider.

In the future, we plan to visually show the location of the flagbearers on the map in the deploy menu.

- Trusty

USA 1st Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post

Flag bearers were never ment to spawn out huge groups of players at once - the flags are extremely powerful already - making them spawn out 5 people at once instead of 1 and they will be the only real game decider.

- Trusty
    While I agree that they are powerful, I think that they could use a buff to the number of men they spawn in at once. 5 is probably too high, but spawning in 3 people every 10-20 seconds might increase the length of knock-down stand-up shoot-em-outs while not making them too overpowered. Perhaps also requiring them to be stationary might help to balance them out?

Best,
    Dman979