Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Serious Concern

Quote Originally Posted by Oleander View Post
    Why are people trying to reinvent the wheel? If you simply can't bring yourself to tab out and mute the person that's offending you, move to another server. Otherwise, just ignore it, that's what I do.
    Easier to just figure out who the offender is and shoot them. They'll get tired of constant respawning/running back to where action is and will leave.
    2nd New Jersey Inf. (Co.A)

USA General of the Army

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieM90 View Post
    Easier to just figure out who the offender is and shoot them. They'll get tired of constant respawning/running back to where action is and will leave.
    Teamkilling multiple times will get you automatically kicked from the server, not to mention Tk's hurt your team. Just mute them and go about your business.

I'm a Twitch Partner and I can't play my preferred faction, CSA, because of how common it is to hear racial slurs that could get me banned. Even as USA I risk hearing these slurs during a skirmish. If the developer is going to allow this kind of speech, then they need to provide us with better tools to identify and mute the speakers.

The biggest issues with muting right now:

1.) Mutes do not persist between client instances. I have to mute the same racist players every time I start the game. Mutes could easily be tied to SteamID and made permanent.

2.) The only way to identify a speaker is by pressing "T" and waiting for all player names to fade-in. The fade-in is unnecessary and protects the speaker, who has usually finished talking.

3.) Speaker names are identical to non-speaker names except for an icon. This white icon is virtually impossible to distinguish in a line of 50+ players with overlapping white names.

If the names of speakers in proximity to us were displayed on the left side of our screen, color-coded by faction, it would make identifying a speaker so much easier.

I must echo the notion that the voicechat and the way it works is an intrinsic part of the game, and is extremely valuable to the atmosphere and the setting. However, we need better tools to mute people for the reasons described above, especially for streamers.
    One other thing that tends to happen is that voicechat persists from the location you died when you're down and out on the ground, until you respawn again. That introduces a lot of opportunity for such speech in the heat of the moment, and you can't exactly press T to identify who's talking to mute them (IMO voice chat should cut off slowly when you're dying, it doesn't make sense for you to be able to hear everyone for that long and on the respawn screen). Alternatively, make the scoreboard names light up whenever someone's talking as well.

Regrettably the posts above this one show mounting evidence this is becoming more widespread and entrenched in the game, and that is disturbing.

As a couple of posters have said, the mechanics of the VOiP operation aren’t conducive to easily identifying and blocking the racist-talk so the devs might need to re-examine how to deal with this issue.
    Last edited by Quaker; 12-13-2018 at 03:35 AM.

CSA Major

It's going to happen, there's no avoiding the issue. You cannot eradicate this kind of behaviour, as reprehensible as it is, on a public server with a game that is easily accessed through Steam. A full suite of server administration tools would help but it isn't going to get rid of it. Vietnam has all of the admin tools that you've been asking for but it's still a problem, these are people who seek reaction and thrive off of it. Instances of racism and troublesome remarks in Rising Storm 2 drop off considerably once one moves onto private servers (40-1, 28thID etc) where there is an active administration team. For the time being, suck it up and mute the player - that's all you can do. Lo and behold, the community in Vietnam also say the same.

USA Captain

For now wouldn it be better that Dev's focus on getting the features for the servers done. Rather than "fixing" the VOIP system. Because we all know that making the VOIP more advanced won't solve any problems.

As Leifr says the only thing that can help it, is severs with a form of admins and that will be on private servers. Then anyone from a TK troll to a racist can be kicked or banned. For now we can only mute, even though it is frustrating alot of the time. All we can do is keep our heads cold and spirits high. Otherwise those trolls will have the win.

Having a players name 'light up' on the scoreboard, on a team which you can have 75 players... the very idea that this would ever work in identifying whose speaking in your proximity, and not result in constant miss-identification and amplify the overall effect of the trolling, is asinine.

Guys. The more you feed the trolls, the more of a roll they get on. There'll be eighteen more of these threads over the next few years. This is not a problem unique to War of Rights they're just using the subject matter because they know it'll bother us more. Notice we never had this problem before December 3rd. And notice none of the rabble-rousers here has taken the time or effort to find a single steam profile and accuse anything. There is literally nothing the developers can or should do other than adopt some admins on the official servers and we all know they won't be policed as much as the community-owned servers anyway. The servers are going to be feral most of the time, welcome to the internet. Welcome to gaming. I've never been on a fuckin' server in ten thousand hours of gaming that had admins more than 50% of the time. And this is some sort of humanitarian crisis that we need to re-code the game for?

You get the same sort of trolls in every game. We had a guy rent five servers for a month in Resistance and Liberation all with titles praising Hitler. I have a screenshot somewhere but I can't find it. I asked the developers what we could do, they said they couldn't do anything.

I don't want written chat censored on my server because I want to know what people are saying or trying to say. Some sort of config file with banned words that can be changed would be nice because I know a lot of servers care about language.

I literally have no plans ever to ban anybody for language, I never have in five years of server hosting, and there will be no exceptions. Make me the target of your crusade and then go cry to your mother.
    Last edited by Poorlaggedman; 12-15-2018 at 01:56 AM.
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

That's a lot of words to say "suck it up snowflakes, I don't care if WoR is known as the game with people shouting racial slurs at each other"