Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Serious Concern

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    All good, thanks for taking your time to reply in-depth.

The thing is, we've already taken a stance by giving the best possible tool to the players wanting to get rid of stuff like this as we possibly can: the mute option.

Just as we have taken a stance against TK'ing on purpose with the introduction of the punishment system.

You will not find us spending time on posting public apologies each time an idiot says something in our game - there are far too many idiots for this and far too little of our time to even consider this. Mute them and move on.

I'm so chill because I realize what the internet is like and that we offer tools to remedy it. I couldn't care less about what certain uneducated people, only looking for the next thing to be outraged by, think of our game. It wasn't made for those guys in the first place - we lost those when we introduced violence/CSA flags/option to play as a confederate, etc. etc. anyways.

- Trusty
    I agree you are pro-active, with implementing features working against tk trolling etc. And with future abillity to kick/ban, and with the attitude Leifr described that will solve the problem on the practial base, and yes the mute aswell for short spand solution. But I do fear - as a lover of this game - that if there isn't a public generic message about no racism etc. the outside world will not look mildly on that, when they see videos with widespread use of these words. on servers you or anybodyelse have zero control over.

But I do for sure hope you are rightfully beeing in full zen, and that you in a year or so can tell me 'I told you so, they moved on to the next fashion of the month' !

- Karlsen
    Last edited by Pvt. Dane Karlsen; 12-10-2018 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    All good, thanks for taking your time to reply in-depth.

The thing is, we've already taken a stance by giving the best possible tool to the players wanting to get rid of stuff like this as we possibly can: the mute option.

Just as we have taken a stance against TK'ing on purpose with the introduction of the punishment system.

You will not find us spending time on posting public apologies each time an idiot says something in our game - there are far too many idiots for this and far too little of our time to even consider this. Mute them and move on.

I'm so chill because I realize what the internet is like and that we offer tools to remedy it. I couldn't care less about what certain uneducated people, only looking for the next thing to be outraged by, think of our game. It wasn't made for those guys in the first place - we lost those when we introduced violence/CSA flags/option to play as a confederate, etc. etc. anyways.

- Trusty
    Do you understand how difficult it is to see who is talking in the game? How could you say 'this is the best possible tool?' Are you going to do anything about players telling others to leave in this forum and spamming the n-word or are you just here to preach about 'outrage' and your politics?

CSA Major

It's really not as difficult as you're making it out to be.

CSA Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by Leifr View Post
    It's really not as difficult as you're making it out to be.
    Can we get a mute button for the forums?

Texans Always Move Them

CSA Colonel

I don't see a button

Texans Always Move Them

Go to that page, and type in someone's name, and it ignores them. It's really not as difficult as you're making it out to be. A lot easier than wildly searching for someone yelling racial slurs by pressing T, lol

CSA Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by Monroe View Post
    Go to that page, and type in someone's name, and it ignores them. It's really not as difficult as you're making it out to be. A lot easier than wildly searching for someone yelling racial slurs by pressing T, lol
    Or you could just man up and ignore anonymous idiots on the internet.
    Last edited by LTC Philip A. Work; 12-10-2018 at 05:01 PM.

Texans Always Move Them

CSA Brigadier General

I don't even mute the average troll. I use my Mark I Testis and ignore him, or call him a name and move on with my day. It's rather simple really. May I suggest Battlefield V if you want your speech censored to the point of asininity?
    Last edited by Syre Lancaster; 12-10-2018 at 09:21 PM.
    "Virtute enim ipsa non tam multi praediti esse quam videri volunt."

Quote Originally Posted by Monroe View Post
    Just imagining this discussion at a Dev meeting, lol

"Alright guys we have people using racial slurs in game via voice chat. Our game is lovingly crafted and our uniforms and environment are very historically accurate, but we don't want to encourage players to use historically accurate language as it will destroy our playerbase"

Dev1: ok well there are a ton of things to look at - there are lots of examples of games with ban tools and admin abilities as well as ways we could improve the ability for players to see who is talking and vote kick them. Currently it is nearly impossible to tell who is shouting racial slurs during the heat of battle

LaBelle: actually *checks notes* it would probably be better just to tell the players to suck it up, snowflakes
    Still applicable, lol