Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Serious Concern

Pretty much everyone has agreed that it's extremely difficult to find out who is talking - have you read this thread? Just because you keep saying it doesn't mean it's true, lol.

CSA Captain

There are three people in this thread who stated they have trouble seeing who's talking, and one of those three is you. That's hardly a sample size you can base your claim of "pretty much everyone." I'll just repeat what I've said: Look for the talking icon and mute them.
    Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in!

USA General of the Army

We go through this EVERY time there is a new batch of recruits.
    /ignore ftw
    Remember back to those bygone days of yesteryear, BEFORE we had the mute function .... and /shiver
    My Great Great Grandfather, Isaac MacDonal Cooley, served as a Pathfinder Cavalry Scout
    in the 1st Arkansas Cavalry Regiment (Dobbin's) Company K
    My Avatar flies his Unit Guidon to Honor his Service.
    My Credo is a simple one ... Unit before Self with Honor above ALL else.

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
    There are three people in this thread who stated they have trouble seeing who's talking, and one of those three is you. That's hardly a sample size you can base your claim of "pretty much everyone." I'll just repeat what I've said: Look for the talking icon and mute them.
    Trust mere there is alot more. I for one sit here and wonder why so many insisit on this kind of language and way of thought to be a part of their community. But those of you that are okay with souch a culture will realise that this game is beeing sold in nations, these nations have theese things called laws. You will realise that this game doesn't take place in 1860's but in the 21st century. And nations and the people there in will not accept a game that is bassicly a cesspit of racism. And the thought that people go away if you mute them. Are at best childish.

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt. Dane Karlsen View Post
    And nations and the people there in will not accept a game that is bassicly a cesspit of racism. And the thought that people go away if you mute them. Are at best childish.
    I very much disagree that this game is "a cesspit of racism" - I think you do the game as well as its community a great disservice by stating so.

Trolls are all over the internet so they are in WoR also. They surely are not more so here than elsewhere however.

No, they very much indeed "go away" as they will have been muted in both 3D voice and text chat. The only thing left for them to do at that point to annoy you is to change their nicknames to something silly or to TK you. After a few TK's they will have been banned as well.

- Trusty

CSA Captain

And nations and the people there in will not accept a game that is bassicly a cesspit of racism.
    Clearly we are not playing the same game... I have played the game for almost 2 years and this game is no worse than any other I've played with regards to stupidity or racism (racism whether directed at Blacks, Whites or any other race come to that...). In fact I found, with regard to inter Company events, the maturity slightly higher than the average game.

And the thought that people go away if you mute them. Are at best childish.
    However if you are offended then by muting they do go away (with regards to yourself).... My advice would be get yourself into a company that have rules on stupidity, extreme politics or racism, that way at the very least you know the guys you play with follow common sense rules.
    4th Texas 'C' Company

USA Captain

I have played since October. I just got in, some 4-5 weeks before the EA. And I can see a clear change in rate of theese things, from 0 till all the freaking time. Before the EA I was suprised to as how many gentlemen there where. As it is not a usual thing in the gaming world. But there will only be more of this troll or/and hate culture when it's known that it is seen as something fun around here. And it's no longer a small bunch of people with great respect for game, and their fellow gamers.

Regarding me taking myself elsewhere you are absolutely right, and I will do so and so will the majority I'd imagine. And then you will have a cesspit of set culture left. And I am luckily in such a Company that you speak of, as it is basic standard for me when I join a gaming group, and just in general. And I do support your advice, the individual player have that responsibillity, not you'r neighbour. But that still doesn't mean that the community as a whole should avoid from taking a stand, and reject the use of words like that. Not least considering what this game revolves around. Atleast not in my opnion.

CSA Captain

Alright, I'll correct myself: There's four of you. My suggestion still stands: Press T to find the offender, mute them in the tab menu.
    Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in!

Please note that there have been a spike in bad behavior every time we opened up for new players (it was very bad indeed when skirmishes launched for the captain tiered backers with no muting nor any anti TK measures in place).

Each time, however, the vast majority of the trolls either straightned themselves up and became valuable assets to the community or they packed up and moved on - the same thing will happen this time - then there will be a new influx when the game gains in popularity due to youtube coverage or a sale and then there will be new trolls that will eventually pack it up, etc. etc.

It's a cycle.

- Trusty

CSA Captain

But that still doesn't mean that the community as a whole should avoid from taking a stand, and reject the use of words like that.
    The community HAS taken a stand on it, every Company I am sure has rules regarding insulting players or rules on offensive language... however we cannot be held responsible for other peoples stupidity surely? The Devs, the Community and other new players dont want to play in a Nanny state, or to be wrapped in cotton wool every time we play. 'Mute' is the best weapon we have, and let them (those who wish offence) sing to their hearts content in an echo chamber of their own making...
    4th Texas 'C' Company