Thread: A follow on from the latest patch.

CSA Captain

A follow on from the latest patch.

Hi guys,
    Just another quick suggestion from myself.
    Update 129 has just brought us:
    - Reload is now automatically cancelled if one of the movement keys are being held for more than 0.5 seconds.

which is frankly excellent thank you! however, could we have an addition to this in that If the "V" key is held for 0.5 seconds reload is cancelled and the character is put in melee mode?

as always you guys are rocking it! thank you.

USA Captain

nice!
    Descendant of David Jewell - 1st Maine Heavy Artillery, Philo Johnson - 11th Vermont/1st VTHA

USA 1st Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by Melonfish View Post
    Hi guys,
    Just another quick suggestion from myself.
    Update 129 has just brought us:
    - Reload is now automatically cancelled if one of the movement keys are being held for more than 0.5 seconds.

which is frankly excellent thank you! however, could we have an addition to this in that If the "V" key is held for 0.5 seconds reload is cancelled and the character is put in melee mode?

as always you guys are rocking it! thank you.
    This is a good idea... but will it make melee more prevalent or less? With the movement overriding reloading (and to a lesser extent as it was before when you had to cancel a reload manually), the system encourages you to move away from a melee and fall back, instead of standing your ground. With your suggestion, you can wait until almost the very last second to make your decision, and at that point the enemy will be so close that you'll have to enter melee.

Now, I don't want to discourage bayonet charges- just melee combat. Basically, if you're being charged you should fall back unless you have a good reason to stay put (numerical superiority, an important position, a dropped flag, etc.). Bayonet charges were rare and scary, and the game should reflect that by doing as much as possible to discourage melee combat.

Best,
    Dman979

I'd love for this to be a feature in game.