Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Memory leak after a few matches!

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain.A.West View Post
    Seems to me the common denominator is both of you have the same CPU and GPU.

So I'm going to stick back to my guns and say that it's the GPU - not that it's a problem, but the game may not be optimized for the GPU, or the GPU could be lacking in performance for bench marking.

The only comparable GPU on the market to the AMD 580X is the Nvidia 1060 6GB with comparable bench marks and specifications (even though the Nvidia is 2GB less DDR5).

Seeing that no one else has mentioned anything than you two and you both have the exact same system specifications, GPU is still the problem. Either the game engine (Cryengine) isn't optimized or lacking for the AMD 580X. Nvidia users haven't had any issues that I've heard about. Or your GPU is not capable of benchmarking on the game due to either stress of the engine or graphics. It's a toss up really between the two, I don't think we're going to get a direct answer.

As far as optimization goes - the developers are working on that part of the roadmap they released. So you both may have to get them some time before they are able to work out all the kinks.

+1 still.

Again, the comparison with other games is an error to base anything on. This game, again is nothing like those used as comparison.
    Just because you can run lesser technical software is no reason to claim system capability.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.Nightfire View Post
    it's pretty amazing how we even have the same motherboard. Never came across anyone who almost had the same pc as me.
    Hey, just wanted to give you an update (and a high five for your build). I started using my old TASCAM-1200 as my primary audio card instead of the onboard sound and noticed a performance increase over time in WoR. Given that we have kindred system specs, if you have an audio card laying around, you may want to try it in lieu of the onboard audio.

I do have a audio card installed, gonna try if it changes anything. You could be on to something as our motherboard uses Realtek audio drivers that can cause issues with videogames.
    Last edited by Sgt.Nightfire; 01-29-2019 at 05:02 AM.

I am having the same problem, usually even after the first match.
    When I join in, I get 50-60 fps, and after the first match, it starts to dip below 40fps and sometimes even below 30fps.
    This is the only game I experience this problem with. I monitor my CPU, GPU and RAM usage and temperatures, and how it seems to me is after playing the game my CPU and GPU usage starts to drop. Temperatures are fine all the time, but usage just drops from GPU's 99% to 60-70%.
    It started to do that after I upgraded my monitor to a higher resolution one. Right now I am playing it on 1440p monitor. I have even upgraded my hardware, and don't really see an improvement.
    CPU i9 9900k, GPU GTX1080TI and 32GB RAM (it is in DUAL channel, have checked it with CPU-Z).
    This is a bit gamebreaker for me, when I bought the captain tier I loved the game, but after upgrading my monitor I really have not been enjoying the game so much, being the fps w*ore I am.

I have noticed the same thing when playing, low CPU and GPU usage the further along the games go. And with your system you should not be having these issues at all. Hell, we all shoulden't. And seeing you got a Nvidia card and Intel CPU, the others here cant blame it that it's AMD's hardware causing it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.Nightfire View Post
    I have noticed the same thing when playing, low CPU and GPU usage the further along the games go. And with your system you should not be having these issues at all. Hell, we all shoulden't. And seeing you got a Nvidia card and Intel CPU, the others here cant blame it that it's AMD's hardware causing it!!
    I won't blame it on just being AMD hardware for the blame - but I will say on the AMD you are probably experiencing more of a drop in FPS than the Nvidia cards. But that is just experience with their GPU's. CPU's I haven't had any issues with, and again I normally put AMD CPU's in all of my builds to save money for the same amount if not better processing power than intel with the ability to overclock easier as well if needed.

It's interesting that a 1080ti is having issues with graphical performance after a few matches.

Anyone else having issues?

I noticed people in game always complaining about low fps but having a good system.

Did a bit more "research"

When i just started a round:

https://i.imgur.com/So72Q3z.png

My CPU usages is at just 30%, my connection is barely used yet, only 5 gig of ram being used and my card is at a nice 70% usage.

https://i.imgur.com/SDVwItq.png

Now this is the game after 4 matches, my connection is being used ALLOT, my CPU is at 43%, but my GPU for some reason is only being used at 55% and 10 gig of ram is being used. ( have sometimes seen it spike up to 15 gig, a bit odd for a game that where its recommended is 8 gig.)

Also, notice the almost zero procent of usage on my C disk but that could be because i was alt-tabbed.

The last two patches indeed gave me more frames, but that was honestly never a issue, always had 60 in the first match, but after 3/4 matches, the "memory leak" still occurs. And with the lack of attention this is getting from the developers, i don't see it getting fixed soon. I had been thinking it could also be because of the crazy amount of usage on my internet connection. Many also crash out of the server because of this.

Since the last two patches, the memory leak is back and worse than ever now.