Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Memory leak after a few matches!

Like A.P. Hill above - I agree it sounds like it's a hardware issue and which is why I was trying to get more information on your system and experience to dive into it.

It could be one of two - but I'm going to bet money it's going to be #2.

#1 - could be a bad ram stick or both, it could also be a bad ram slot on the motherboard. HOWEVER - since you have dedicated graphics on your machine, I really want to save you the hassle. You can troubleshoot this really quick - if you realize that your machine runs slow or stutters at certain points - it's a sign it's a RAM stick or slot. And to test this, you test each stick individually and on different slots. Move from Slot 1 and 2, to Slot 3 and 4 and see if you have any issues.

But before you do all that above - again I'm betting money it's because of the AMD graphics card - here's why.

#2. On dedicated graphic systems, the graphics card takes the blunt processing power to run games. If you had an intel processor and an Nvidia Graphics card you would have to select the graphics processor to use for gaming in the Nvidia control panel. So I honestly believe it's the graphics card - it's either 1.) not able to reach it's bench mark or 2.) defective. If it's still under warranty I would try to get it replaced.

If it's under warranty - just get an RMA through the company you purchased the hardware from. If it's not under warranty - you can solidify the cause by Overclocking your system. If you overclock - you void the warranty of the machine which is why I said the first thing, if it's under warranty don't over clock your CPU. If it's not, you can try to overclock the system. If while you are overclock you experience issues with the frame rate right off the bat - it's a bad Graphics processor. It wouldn't be the CPU - the CPU has nothing to do with frame rate drop on a dedicated graphics card - however it will pick up the slack of the DDR4 (or DDR5) if it has to, but you'll notice it by the frame drop (if that makes sense).

I'll bet money cause I've seen it over and over again - it's the graphics card. If you get a new graphics card - I bet your problem would go away.

Quote Originally Posted by A. P. Hill View Post

Personally, myself, I detest AMD of any type. When they got their start, they were buying failed Intel processors and selling as new with the stipulations that the buyer acknowledge he was buying damaged goods as new, which is why AMD is and always will be cheap.

I don't disagree with you on that - in the beginning AMD had some crappy processors. But I'll say with confidence now and all the builds I've done. I never put an AMD graphics card in any of them because of their history and the bench marks just aren't comparable to Nvidia. I'll put a CPU in but only an 8 core or above from AMD. I actually try to stay way from Intel because the benchmarks are higher on an AMD CPU then an Intel CPU - plus you save more money so that you can get a better graphics card. My ratio has always been AMD CPU and high-end Nvidia GPU - then high performance DDR5 Ram (at least 16GB, no need for over 64GB) - and since then I've never had an issue.

I tip my hat to you sir

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain.A.West View Post
    ... I tip my hat to you sir
    If I had a hat, I'd return the respect, so you'll just have to take my word.

I didn't get the understanding that his graphics were on board. But if that's the case that's likely more his problem.

I started building systems on my third computer. My first two were corporate brands. The first, a true blue dyed in the wool IBM XT 8088 with an 8087 math coprocessor, 360 k of ram, monochrome green screen, a mouse and a modem, (dial up,) that both wanted to use comm 1. My second corporate was a 386 with 387 Compaq, where I trashed the O.S. from Compaq and installed a full version of IBM DOS, thus eliminating some of the fupa that Compaq squirreled away in their licenses at the time. Since my486 I've built everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain.A.West View Post
    #1 - could be a bad ram stick or both, it could also be a bad ram slot on the motherboard. HOWEVER - since you have dedicated graphics on your machine, I really want to save you the hassle. You can troubleshoot this really quick - if you realize that your machine runs slow or stutters at certain points - it's a sign it's a RAM stick or slot. And to test this, you test each stick individually and on different slots. Move from Slot 1 and 2, to Slot 3 and 4 and see if you have any issues.

I'll bet money cause I've seen it over and over again - it's the graphics card. If you get a new graphics card - I bet your problem would go away.

I already did a ram check with MemTest86 last week, gave no errors but have not tried to change my ram sticks into other slots. I don't think they are the issue, because if they were the issue, i would be having this in every game. And the card was bought in August, so it's still new! And i do not like Nvidia cards anymore, thats why i use AMD these days, i always had issues with the drivers, since i changed to a AMD card 4 years ago i have had no issues at all. And i am not the only one who has this issue, it's the game, lets not forget its a un-optimized Early Access!

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.Nightfire View Post
    I already did a ram check with MemTest86 last week, gave no errors but have not tried to change my ram sticks into other slots. I don't think they are the issue, because if they were the issue, i would be having this in every game. And the card was bought in August, so it's still new! And i do not like Nvidia cards anymore, thats why i use AMD these days, i always had issues with the drivers, since i changed to a AMD card 4 years ago i have had no issues at all. And i am not the only one who has this issue, it's the game, lets not forget its a un-optimized Early Access!
    NightFire when you enable sys_perfhud and compare the budget stats during the 2nd, 3rd and 4th games. When does the memory allocation or budget indicators start spiking?
    If you could provide Capt. West with a couple of screenshot of the perhud in action
    20190123201921_1_perfMon_Hud Budgets.jpg it may help diagnose the root cause.

Tim

I will try to collect those images next time i play.

*EDIT*

Here are the pictures from 4 matches, the only thing i noticed is that system memory allocation drops in the third and fourth match, notice how the first and second match had over 3000 mb system memory usage but in the third and fourth this dropped down to 94 and 127 mb!

https://imgur.com/a/HOCKyQJ
    Last edited by Sgt.Nightfire; 01-24-2019 at 04:57 AM.

I can verify this dude's claims of significant stuttering after a couple of matches. This is when I go flag bearer or just restart. I am running AMD Ryzen 2700X, ASUS Prime X470-Pro,16GB RAM, and RX 580 8GB @ 2560x1080. Updated drivers, and motherboard BIOS to no avail.

BTW, this game is unique. I can feel the love that went into it. It carefully captures the essence of the time without disposition or hyperbole. I look forward to this thing continuing to develop.
    Last edited by Flaccid_Tipi; 01-28-2019 at 04:19 AM.

it's pretty amazing how we even have the same motherboard. Never came across anyone who almost had the same pc as me.

Seems to me the common denominator is both of you have the same CPU and GPU.

So I'm going to stick back to my guns and say that it's the GPU - not that it's a problem, but the game may not be optimized for the GPU, or the GPU could be lacking in performance for bench marking.

The only comparable GPU on the market to the AMD 580X is the Nvidia 1060 6GB with comparable bench marks and specifications (even though the Nvidia is 2GB less DDR5).

Seeing that no one else has mentioned anything than you two and you both have the exact same system specifications, GPU is still the problem. Either the game engine (Cryengine) isn't optimized or lacking for the AMD 580X. Nvidia users haven't had any issues that I've heard about. Or your GPU is not capable of benchmarking on the game due to either stress of the engine or graphics. It's a toss up really between the two, I don't think we're going to get a direct answer.

As far as optimization goes - the developers are working on that part of the roadmap they released. So you both may have to get them some time before they are able to work out all the kinks.