Thread: Reloading Questions, etc.

USA 1st Lieutenant

Reloading Questions, etc.

Hi all!

I'm trying to write the rules for a timed shooting competition, and I don't have access to my computer with WoR on it. I hope the community can help me with some information, and developer weigh-in would be awesome, too. I'm looking for exact answers, so estimates like "about 20 seconds" won't be helpful.

From start to finish, how long does it take to play the reloading animation for muzzleloaders when standing? When crouching?

Do the different muzzleloaders have different animations with different run times? Do the different formation states affect reloading times?

With a loaded rifle in shoulder arms, how many seconds does it take until it can fire (the gun goes off even if it's not fully settled)? How long does it take from order arms and at the ready?

How long does it take to settle your rifle in each formation state when you are standing or kneeling, and how long does it take with a bayonet?

Is there sight misalignment when standing stationary and aiming? When kneeling? With a bayonet?

What is the distance from each set of targets to the railing directly in front of them at the shooting range for the Union? For the Confederates?

What are the dimensions of the targets?

Could you rank the rifles from most to least bullet drop, assuming they are fired at a perfectly horizontal position?

How many inches does your character travel at the quick time over one pace (two steps)? Traveling on a level surface in a straight line, how far does your avatar walk in 60 seconds?

Thank you in advance for everyone's help!

Best,
    Dman979

USA 1st Lieutenant

Perhaps a developer might be able to help me here? I've tried timing the animations witha stopwatch, but there's other questions here that I can't figure out.

Best,
    Dman979

Thats a lot of questions. I'll give you some of the answers.

When the player starts reloading, it will most of the time play 3 animations. A StartReload, Reload and EndReload animation. Sharps Rifle and Carbine currently has some issues with start and end reload.

StartReload from ShoulderArms = 1.956 seconds
    StartReload from Ready = 1.5 seconds

Reload with regular long rifles = 18.101 seconds
    Reload with Whitworth Mississippi = 18.076 seconds
    Reload with SharpsRifle SharpsCarbine = 8.333 seconds

Reload Kneeled for all muzzle loaders = 23.775 seconds

EndReload = 1.956 seconds

Enter Ready from Shoulder Arms = 1.8 seconds
    Aim from Ready = 1.1 seconds

All of this is subject to change of course.

With the latest update, you can measure the distances at the shooting range yourself as the UI writes the distance from the shooter to the target hit in yards.

The shooting range targets are more or less 1.6 meters tall, from these two points.

USA 1st Lieutenant

Thanks, Fancy- I'd rep ya, but it hasn't been long enough.

Best,
    Dman979

I find this sort of insider info really interesting and confirms something that many already know: kneeling to reload takes longer, nearly 6 seconds on average! "STAND UP!" ;-)

"C’est magnifique, mais ce n’est pas la guerre: c'est de la folie"

Thanks, Fancy that is great information.