Thread: Time for Reflection

USA General of the Army

Time for Reflection

Army Beat Navy 17-10
    3rd year in a row doesn't quite erase the sting of the previous 14 years we lost but ...
    it was Army Chaplain Colonel Matthew Pawlikowski who stole the show, with his Opening Prayer.

"God of Wonders, some wonder why we pray for a football game. So I tell them, in this game, every player on the field is willing to die for every person watching and there is no greater love than to lay down one's life for what's truly good. And so, God, I do pray for these players, on this field, and all the good they represent. Their fellow cadets and midshipmen, soldiers, sailors, Marines, firefighters, first responders, police, and countless others who lay down their lives daily in our defense. Because in your eyes, Oh God, it is not the critic who counts, but those who actually step into the arena.
    And so, Almighty God, we who are willing to die for others, we salute you. Let this game begin. Amen."

One day each year we set aside our love for our fellow man and yell ... GO ARMY, beat navy!
    But the remaining days of the year we are Bothers-in-Arms and stand united and steadfast in our defense of each other and those we are charged with protecting.
    This is a game that pits us against each other in MOCK battle and when all is said and done we are players united in having some fun.

During this Holiday Season we ought to take a page out of the Service Academy Book and set aside the grudges and unhappiness that can result from our conflicts.
    In the words of the poster child of friendliness, from my former home state ...
    “Why can't we all just get along?”
    - Rodney King
    My Great Great Grandfather, Isaac MacDonal Cooley, served as a Pathfinder Cavalry Scout
    in the 1st Arkansas Cavalry Regiment (Dobbin's) Company K
    My Avatar flies his Unit Guidon to Honor his Service.
    My Credo is a simple one ... Unit before Self with Honor above ALL else.

Fear the Goat
    Chief

Go army beat navy