Thread: Getting 24 fps - what should i upgrade?

Getting 24 fps - what should i upgrade?

Hello

I currently have a ryzen 1600 six core processor 3.5 ghz
    ram: 8gb
    with a gtx 1060

running about 24 fps in the larger battles on medium and also low [0 body count] , went as low as i can go.

what should i upgrade?

USA Brigadier General

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Armistead View Post
    Hello

I currently have a ryzen 1600 six core processor 3.5 ghz
    ram: 8gb
    with a gtx 1060

running about 24 fps in the larger battles on medium and also low [0 body count] , went as low as i can go.

what should i upgrade?
    did you installed it on a SSD?

I have a bit better system (1600X 16GB RAM and a GTX980) and can run it on 55 FPS
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=522&dateline=14500460  02

should i install it on a ssd? i just installed it to my regular c drive

I always have full RAM usage in the game and I sure can tell when I can use more; do you ever experience that nice distorted sound, especially when all platoons are present in the same spot? Had it in a couple games over the years, and it feels like I'm just outta memory. Until that point its pretty decent and my machine is a small bit outclassed by yours.

Think we gotta plunk another stick in, m8

(damnit wrong instance of thread)
    Last edited by Sandersson Jankins; 12-16-2018 at 05:23 AM.

beefing that 8 gig to 16 gig would help indeed!

I am running the game on i5 3,3GHz, 16Gb RAM, GTX 1060 6Gb and having 20-40 fps. The game is not optimized yet. I am experiencing many crashes too.

CSA Captain

My current setup is an I5 6790K oc'd to 4.2 (originally 3.5) 16gb of corsair 1866mhz ram and a GTX970.
    overall i'm seeing between 30 and 70 frames depending on the match and how many are on the server.
    I am seeing my RAM getting eaten with ketchup though, 10gb is normally in use by WoR, it gets very hungry after a few matches.

settings wise i'm running at 1080 with max visuals, 50 body count limit and i've set the frame limit to 60fps too.

worth upping the ram and perhaps looking at a different chip, the dev's have said this is CPU hungry atm and the game is pre-optimisation.

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Melonfish View Post
    My current setup is an I5 6790K oc'd to 4.2 (originally 3.5) 16gb of corsair 1866mhz ram and a GTX970.
    overall i'm seeing between 30 and 70 frames depending on the match and how many are on the server.
    I am seeing my RAM getting eaten with ketchup though, 10gb is normally in use by WoR, it gets very hungry after a few matches.

settings wise i'm running at 1080 with max visuals, 50 body count limit and i've set the frame limit to 60fps too.

worth upping the ram and perhaps looking at a different chip, the dev's have said this is CPU hungry atm and the game is pre-optimisation.
    Yes, memory seems to be an issue. I've had a few instances in the latest versions where the game will automatically crash itself to desktop, my memory usage is through the roof.

Memory leaks and bad FPS are probably pretty common to the games in alpha state. I am optimistic about this. I just wanted to know if there is some hidden feature to improve the performance. Will try to limit my FPS ratio to 60 even when running on 144 Hz screen.

I am thinking of upgrading my computer too. I am very unexperienced with computers.

My computer has the following: AMD A10-7850K Radeon R7, 12 Compute Cores 4C+8G
    3.70 Gz, 64-Bit... x64based processor, 32GB Ram

I get between 10 and 20 fps with following settings:

Depth of Field: yes
    Fullscreen: yes
    Resolution: 1920x1080
    FPS: Unlimited
    Antialiasing: smaa 1tx
    Motion Blur: off
    Particles: high
    Physics: low
    Water: low
    Textures: Medium
    Object Details: High
    Shading: high
    Post Processing: medium
    Shadows: low
    Smoke: high
    Max Corpse count: 150

I rather want a nice Looking game with low fps than a shitty Looking one thats really smooth. Still 10fps are a bit low, but lowering the graphics is not an option. Now as i get the chance to upgrade the machine i'd like to do exactly that. My budget is around 400-600 USD (still flexible).
    Wich parts should i upgrade and are there Things you guys can recommend? Assembly is no Problem btw.

Best regards
    Würm