Thread: 12-12-2018 Forty-First Field Report: Phase 3 Release and Early Access Roadmap

12-12-2018 Forty-First Field Report: Phase 3 Release and Early Access Roadmap

Field Report 41:Phase 3 Release and Early Access Roadmap posted 12-12-2018 CLICK TO VIEW

RhettVito
    Sweet can't wait to see 200 man servers one day!

I had an extensive look at the reviews on Steam tonight and the signs are very positive for WoR.

95% of negative reviews were because of technical issues and very few were negative about the gameplay.

I still haven’t made up my mind if this title will become a mainstream or niche game. I know some in this community would be quite happy for it to remain small-ish because there would be less player issues.

But in my view, adding a few optional extras for gamers like an optional hit sound register could make a difference in sales in the thousands.

Quote Originally Posted by Quaker View Post
    I had an extensive look at the reviews on Steam tonight and the signs are very positive for WoR.

95% of negative reviews were because of technical issues and very few were negative about the gameplay.

I still haven’t made up my mind if this title will become a mainstream or niche game. I know some in this community would be quite happy for it to remain small-ish because there would be less player issues.

But in my view, adding a few optional extras for gamers like an optional hit sound register could make a difference in sales in the thousands.
    I think giving server owners the option to allow people to turn it on and off is a good compromise. If a server owner does not wish to have it on at all, they can have that, and it will totally prevent the concern of it ruining gameplay by promoting rambos, but if they want to be up to the players, then they can have that as well.

Great to see the rapid development happening, some developers don't address issues with early access games for ages.

Pity that sometimes the server issues stop me from playing, mostly not being able to see the servers in the server browser (or not many). At other times, there are plenty.

Some great players out there, as well as the usual Rambos...

"C’est magnifique, mais ce n’est pas la guerre: c'est de la folie"