Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Super Serious Concern

CSA Major

It sucked pretty hard last night. This wasn't even a case of mistaken identity, both sides were slugging it out across a lane.

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Cairnsy44 View Post
    Would removing TKs be an option? That would reduce this type of trolling.
    That would be sad. It would take so much away from immersion. plus it would be letting trolls win.

USA Sergeant

I do question if TK in melee is adding anything good.
    Thomas Bernstorff Aagaard

USA General of the Army

The bulk of the Tk's nowadays is from Pubbies that think its a COD game, there's not much you're going to be able to do to stop it. I think once they get the popup in place warning players that excessive team killing will get them kicked will help slow it down at least.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by thomas aagaard View Post
    I do question if TK in melee is adding anything good.
    With the way the Melee is now and the delay between pressing the left mouse button and the thrust happening I'd actually agree, In pretty much every melee i've been in there's about a quarter are killed by their own side as the screen greys out and they get stab happy, not to mention trying to impale someone running by you only to stick it into your comrade.

I'd like to see melee TK's removed as a test perhaps and see if people are happier with it.
    As for trolls shooting flag bearers etc, I think we need to look at consecutive kick/bans being longer for each duration.
    I also think we should be looking at the Valve Anti-Cheat system (VAC)

USA Sergeant

In the last melee I was involved in I did a tK. I ran up to an enemy, and pressed they LMB. But the time it took to do the attack a friendly soldier ran around me and got in the way.
    I think there where 10 TKs in total in a few seconds...

So even if we ignore the issue of trolls I don't think it is a good thing for the game atm.

TKs from shooting should stay in. If two groups on the same side by mistake open fire on each other it should have consequences...
    Thomas Bernstorff Aagaard

If you watch the video that was linked, there was also a ton of really awful hate speech. One would hope along with banning for TKs, perma bans, etc. we could have tools that would make it easier to ban people who were using that kind of language.

Quote Originally Posted by Monroe View Post
    If you watch the video that was linked, there was also a ton of really awful hate speech. One would hope along with banning for TKs, perma bans, etc. we could have tools that would make it easier to ban people who were using that kind of language.
    There is no such thing as hate speech, only free speech. The US supreme court confirmed that.

This was a war for rights. It's pretty ironic that people want to take away/limit those rights. No matter how disgusting and repugnant their language may be, they still have the right to say it. Just mute and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Shackleford View Post
    There is no such thing as hate speech, only free speech. The US supreme court confirmed that.

This was a war for rights. It's pretty ironic that people want to take away/limit those rights. No matter how disgusting and repugnant their language may be, they still have the right to say it. Just mute and move on.
    Please don't bring freedom of speech and the US supreme court into this.

It has nothing to do with our property which is WoR. While I agree with your sentiment that the mute button is there for a reason you're very wrong indeed about the "rights" to say stuff.

We may ban anyone we catch behaving like an idiot on our servers/our game - freedom of speech does not enter here. We are not a government of a country - we're a company. You can compare it to having the "right" to say whatever you like in another guy's house - you might have that but he also has the right to kick you out whenever he feels like it for breaking the house rules.

Once the server moderation tools are done (making good progress, about to be ready for internal testing) the community will be able to set up their own rules on their servers.

- Trusty

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Shackleford View Post

That's pretty wild. I know this game will attract a lot of the alt right crowd (like the Dylann roof profile pic guy who wants his regiment to shout racial slurs) but nobody should expect to spout racial slurs in a game lots of people paid money for and not get banned.

Not to mention it was a War of Rights (to own slaves) lmao, not a war about free speech