Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Serious Concern

USA Major

Quote Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
    We need the ability to kick
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfur View Post
    Let's hope they roll out proper server management tools soon
    Agreed. But . . .

What puzzles me is that RCON access and several related admin functions are built into the CryEngine by default.

As such, server owners should be able to ask the G-Portal host to open a RCON port and — after defining the rcon_password values as well as several other commands in the dedicated.cfg file — we should be able to immediately use RCON to fully administrate rented servers via the in-game console:

Code:
    Press ` tilde key and type in console:

rcon_connect    addr:YourServerIP   port:YourPort    pass:YourRCONPassword

You will now be logged in as a server admin using the RCON tool. Now you can use commands such as:

rcon_command

etc.
    I executed a command dump of all the existing console commands in War of Rights. These commands already exist in-game and could be executed in the console via RCON:

Code:
    Command: ban 
    help: Bans player for 30 minutes from server.

Command: ban_remove 
    help: Removes player from ban list.

Command: ban_status 
    help: Shows currently banned players.

Command: BanUser 
    help: Bans a user.

Command: kick 
    help: Kicks player from game.

Command: kickid 
    help: Kicks player from game.
    Hence . . . Is there anything preventing G-Portal from opening the RCON port?

In theory, the moment we obtain RCON access, we would have full power via the aforementioned commands.

I am sincerely mystified.
    Last edited by O'Rourke; 12-13-2018 at 08:55 PM.

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Perhaps if you examine this "issue" in the light that a server host may not have been found for renting servers until, say 24 hours minimum before the release of the notice that renting would be possible.

In this light, it's not, in my humble opinion, that serious, because the developers have not had sufficient time to establish these things.

Members here need to be reminded that the developer team, while efficient, are a small group with limited resources. Things will be provided, of this I have no doubt, patience is the only requirement.

So, those of you who have rushed into this, have no excuse for acting like your asses are on fire and needing immediate attention. There are far other needed programming with the whole direction of the game, than for the developers to drop everything they are currently in the middle of, just to piss on your fire.

Don't fret, yes, I understand you've spent money, and I am way happy for you, BUT, ya'll knew going into this that the controls were not in place. So let the buyer, in this case, renter, beware. You're as much to blame for your situation as are the developers, but only less so.

For now, and until the developers can assign a body to devote time to this, I ask that ya'll just deal with it as long as it appears to me that you're partially responsible for it.

Not to worry, I am also on my way to rentership, and may so soon experience your seeming distress.

Thanks for reading and understanding.

Respectfully
    A. P. Hill
    Commanding, The Light Division
    P.A.C.S.

USA Major

Quote Originally Posted by A. P. Hill View Post
    [...] no excuse for acting like your asses are on fire and needing immediate attention. [...]
    [...] just to piss on your fire [...]
    [...] Don't fret [...]
    [...] you've spent money, and I am way happy for you [...]
    [...] You're as much to blame for your situation as are the developers [...]
    [...] just deal with it [...] you're partially responsible for it [...]
    . . .

Members here need to be reminded that the developer team, while efficient, are a small group with limited resources.
    My previous post wasn't about the CG developers. I'm aware they are a very small team with limited resources.

To my knowledge, G-Portal and CG Developers are separate groups of people with a special business relationship.
    Last edited by O'Rourke; 12-13-2018 at 07:16 PM.

Kicking doesn't really help that much as banning.

Auto ban is probably too lenient even when it is working. It isn't working right now. Or it's way too lenient. I'm pretty sure. Because I downloaded the server.log for the last 48 hours and there's not one mention of "banned" - [CBanManager::BanByID] Banned player with ID
    Like there was in previous server.logs despite hundreds of connections and thousands of kills. The prior ones from periods of high activity had a few bans.

Some sort of config file on the server where you can change the variables for autobans would help. Players don't need to be TKing 10 people even over a 45 minute period. There is a lot of TKing, it's very difficult to tell what's intentional or not without seeing it first hand. It's clear that there's a lot of intentional. It's taking on a culture that I'm familiar with where people like to shoot each other for jollies and it works against the gameplay.

Also a manual banlist.txt folder or somewhere it's stored, preferably with reasons somehow attached to it.
    Player "Poorlaggedman" Steam "Steam:9898259256286" Reason "Asshole"
    or something like that.

Also a spectate mode where you can Press T and see everyone's names and their voice icons would help. Currently you can only see the guys on your team so if someone is habitually TKing or being TK'd (possibly in revenge for team wounding) you can't stalk them to see what's going on. If someone wanted to float around and find people not following some sort of event rules it would also only be possible to police their own team. So when there is a fully autonomous spectate mode, I really hope we can see the names and voice icons for both teams.
    Last edited by Poorlaggedman; 12-13-2018 at 06:05 PM.
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt. Dane Karlsen View Post
    Yeah so many trolls. It is really frustrating to say the least.

I believe this is the same guy at 01:08:12 in this twitchvideo

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/348322514
    That's him.

Perhaps if you examine this "issue" in the light that a server host may not have been found for renting servers until, say 24 hours minimum before the release of the notice that renting would be possible.

In this light, it's not, in my humble opinion, that serious, because the developers have not had sufficient time to establish these things.

Members here need to be reminded that the developer team, while efficient, are a small group with limited resources. Things will be provided, of this I have no doubt, patience is the only requirement.

So, those of you who have rushed into this, have no excuse for acting like your asses are on fire and needing immediate attention. There are far other needed programming with the whole direction of the game, than for the developers to drop everything they are currently in the middle of, just to piss on your fire.

Don't fret, yes, I understand you've spent money, and I am way happy for you, BUT, ya'll knew going into this that the controls were not in place. So let the buyer, in this case, renter, beware. You're as much to blame for your situation as are the developers, but only less so.

For now, and until the developers can assign a body to devote time to this, I ask that ya'll just deal with it as long as it appears to me that you're partially responsible for it.

Not to worry, I am also on my way to rentership, and may so soon experience your seeming distress.

Thanks for reading and understanding.

Respectfully
    A. P. Hill
    Commanding, The Light Division
    P.A.C.S.
    It clearly stated we would have full RCON controls when renting the server. For you to blame us and say it's our fault is truly astounding.
    Last edited by LaBelle; 12-13-2018 at 06:36 PM.
    Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in!

Why are you white knighting so hard in here? The game was estimated to be delivered in 2016 on the Kickstarter page and is just now becoming playable. The devs need to hear these concerns.

CSA Captain

For him to even believe there's "far other needed programming" when the game is live and in the public's hands, should show how little thought he's actually given to what he's typing. This is a case of "typing to look intelligent," if I've ever seen one. The game is out; it's being played by people like AngryJoe, and you can clearly hear people talk about the TKs and lack of moderation tools on his stream. This community has been the only thing keeping this game going, and if it's going to stay that way, we need to be taken a bit more seriously. Moderation tools within the week, or it's only going to get worse and we'll end up like Holdfast.

For him to even believe there's "far other needed programming" when the game is live and in the public's hands, should show how little thought he's actually given to what he's typing. This is a case of "typing to look intelligent," if I've ever seen one. The game is out; it's being played by people like AngryJoe, and you can clearly hear people talk about the TKs and lack of moderation tools on his stream. This community has been the only thing keeping this game going, and if it's going to stay that way, we need to be taken a bit more seriously. Moderation tools within the week, or it's only going to get worse and we'll end up like Holdfast.
    I'm sorry you think we're not taking you seriously - quite the opposite was intended.

We've been hard at work reacting to several issues brought forward by the EA launch: better server browser, much faster load times, server crash fixes, able to shut down the game more reliably, etc. (I've lost track on the amount of hotfixes and patches deployed the past 10 days).

Server moderation tools are on that list of priorities for us. It's the sole task for one of our programmers currently.

The temp banning is working - as stated earlier, the community doesn't currently know it however, as we're not listing messages when people are temp banned nor can we ramp the time needed to be spent before it "forgets" the team damage dealt before we're able to better show to the player that he is risking a temp ban if he continues his ways.

I will challenge your last sentence. I've seen lots of teamplay happening and the vast majority of all positive reviews also acknowledge this.

Yes, we have had (still do) a great community in the earlier phases of the alpha which has (and are) helping us shape the game - part of that testing done has resulted in the development of teamplay mechanics that have, for the majority of the time, actually been proven to do their job quite well all things considering.

You are right it is the community that has kept (and will continue to keep) this game going - both in their playstyle and most certainly also via their participation in helping us developing functional game mechanics.

- Trusty

CSA Captain

We've been hard at work reacting to several issues brought forward by the EA launch: better server browser, much faster load times, server crash fixes, able to shut down the game more reliably, etc. (I've lost track on the amount of hotfixes and patches deployed the past 10 days).
    These things were present during Alpha, and we reported them then. This is what I mean by being taken more seriously; our priorities are clearly not synced up and what the community is talking about doesn't seem to reach your ears sometimes.

The temp banning is working - as stated earlier, the community doesn't currently know it however, as we're not listing messages when people are temp banned nor can we ramp the time needed to be spent before it "forgets" the team damage dealt before we're able to better show to the player that he is risking a temp ban if he continues his ways.

I will challenge your last sentence. I've seen lots of teamplay happening and the vast majority of all positive reviews also acknowledge this.
    To both these points: You can challenge my statement all you want, AngryJoe's stream shows differently. It's getting worse: Most of those Positive reviews were from the first few days. There's still plenty of teamwork happening but it's not going to last much longer, if the population even stays.

These things were present during Alpha, and we reported them then. This is what I mean by being taken more seriously; our priorities are clearly not synced up and what the community is talking about doesn't seem to reach your ears sometimes.

To both these points: You can challenge my statement all you want, AngryJoe's stream shows differently. It's getting worse: Most of those Positive reviews were from the first few days. There's still plenty of teamwork happening but it's not going to last much longer, if the population even stays.
    Yes they were present. As were a great many other bugs and issues that were fixed thanks to your reports and feedback.

Sometimes you need a lot of numbers in order to be able to fully verify something as there are thousands of possibilities for all sorts of reports on the PC platform.

Again, I am sorry you feel you have not been taken seriously - we would hope you'd feel as having been a crucial part of developing the shape of the game and not some odd outsider looking in.

From what I've seen there appears to be quite a bit of teamwork during his stream.

If you are referring to the idiots chasing the celeb streamer/youtuber and shouting things, those happen in most online games I've watched streams of.

No, the reviews posted on day one by crowdfunding backers do not count in the % score (sadly). The percentage is only calculated from actual steam purchase reviews.

- Trusty