Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cohesion Improvements

If (and I stress IF) the kills /spawn statistic gets implemented, then the server can keep track of that player's performance, by doing an average over the last X matches played. A good score here would mean most likely someone who knows how to play (by extension, to follow orders stick to them, helping the team). You would want such a guy in charge or as a NCO, as he is likely to be able to give similar "good" orders himself.

So, prioritize NCO/commanders out of those proposing themselves to lead using this averaged kills/spawns ratio saved from matches played as soldier or NCO.
    Meritocracy, not the lunacy of democracy

PS. Vote kick would be ok

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Individuality is not a part of the concept of the developers plan.

To be historical, it should, and will remain "group" based. I.E. the North Group, won this skirmish.

Doesn't matter how pretty you dress it up, it's not going to be a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by A. P. Hill View Post
    Individuality is not a part of the concept of the developers plan.

To be historical, it shouls, and will remain "group" based. I.E. the North Group, won this skirmish.

Doesn't matter how pretty you dress it up, it's not going to be a thing.
    It is a commander's job to fuse his individual soldiers into a cohesive force. That means enforcing following orders, discouraging some men and encouraging others. Usually, he'd have reports from his NCO's, men that would be trained for that role. In a game, where randoms come and go, the commanding structure needs an alternative to these NCO reports. There need to be some statistics, so that the rest of the troop not be influenced by the dissatisfied player that the commander banned, or enforced a tight schedule for following orders or other such command actions (for example, the commander needs to be able to justify by saying that X ate up 50 spawn points and that is why...). The full K/Spawn points would be visible just to the commander, so there would not be much "individualism" in those statistics.
    Last edited by EneCtin; 02-09-2019 at 06:36 AM. Reason: details dripping in + grammar

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by EneCtin View Post
    It is a commander's job to fuse his individual soldiers into a cohesive force. That means enforcing following orders, discouraging some men and encouraging others. Usually, he'd have reports from his NCO's, men that would be trained for that role. In a game, where randoms come and go, the commanding structure needs an alternative to these NCO reports. There need to be some statistics, so that the rest of the troop not be influenced by the dissatisfied player that the commander banned, or enforced a tight schedule for following orders or other such command actions (for example, the commander needs to be able to justify by saying that X ate up 50 spawn points and that is why...). The full K/Spawn points would be visible just to the commander, so there would not be much "individualism" in those statistics.
    NCO's did not report to officers, during battle, on the performance of their men for starters. Secondly, there is no way for an officer to enforce anything in game. As A.P has pointed out, this dead horse has been flogged and no matter how flowery you try to make it, individual reports are never going to happen. In a battle Soldier B might shoot twenty enemy, while Soldier A shoots just one....but the ONE enemy Soldier A shoots was about to kill the regiments officer, kill counts mean nothing.
    ''I'm here to play an American Civil War era combat game, not Call of Duty with muskets.''.

I'd like to see a few options:

Auto Mute in order. Give an option to enable a setting where everyone is muted in order of rank. So if a CO is talking everyone is muted. If an NCO is talking everyone below is muted unless someone higher than him is talking, then he gets muted, etc.

NCO's should be able to draw different colored lines, with only one visible at a time, to control line spam.

I'd really like to see the same face assigned to each character. Make it random sure, but once you get a face keep it so people can recognize you.