Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Racism on CSA teams is at an epidemic level

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by LTC Philip A. Work View Post
    Would you look at that, posted today.

Myth destroyed!

https://giphy.com/gifs/H0um7u7SEhZxm

So friendly around here...

I told you what people I knew were afraid of. Not what they told me had happened to them. Also these videos don't seem to have the original concern (I didn't watch every second of them, so I may have missed it) of if the slur is heard your account can be banned.

But thanks for letting me know they were wrong in such a friendly way. Great group of guys, you are.

Doesn't change the OP about the enormous amounts of racism.
    Last edited by Ezaco; 01-05-2019 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezaco View Post

I told you what people I knew were afraid of. Not what they told me had happened to them. Also these videos don't seem to have the original concern (I didn't watch every second of them, so I may have missed it) of if the slur is heard your account can be banned.

But thanks for letting me know they were wrong in such a friendly way. Great group of guys, you are.

And we're telling you why to not be afraid of it. Too many people here, even if they are a few, are afraid of all of this stuff. People do this on the internet, always will, no stopping them. Trying to put barrier, censors, stuff like that will not help at all and in fact just encourage more creative ways to get around it.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Ezaco View Post

Shut up with that passive-aggressive white knight bullshit. Did we hurt your feelings with our mild banter? Did we make you feel uncomfortable with our facts and solid evidence contrary to OP's stated opinion? I'm sorry, how deeply horrifying this experience must have been for you.
    Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in!

In reference to what practically everyone else said...

This is common; we are playing a game that was set during a time in American history where racism reigned in the both factions, North & South. The term [Racist] is so overused/abused today, so it is easy to see how someones expressed belief(s) can be viewed as "Racist" rather than a racial observation.

I think implementing a mute option for specific users is a very functional, practical tool that will benefit both parties -- Those that enjoy hollering will be able to do so without disrupting those that are easily offended, or are uncomfortable with certain political, or racial beliefs. In essence it caters to both sides.

That's my take on this topic.
    War of Rights Community Steam Group
    Owner
    Est. October 29th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Sev View Post
    In reference to what practically everyone else said...

This is common; we are playing a game that was set during a time in American history where racism reigned in the both factions, North & South. The term [Racist] is so overused/abused today, so it is easy to see how someones expressed belief(s) can be viewed as "Racist" rather than a racial observation.
    Err, no. Spamming “kill the nigger lovers” on VOiP is hardly offering a “racial observation”.

Campfire Games has said no racism in their game is permissable. No ifs or buts or historical qualification.

Their product, their rules. End of story.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Quaker View Post
    Err, no. Spamming “kill the nigger lovers” on VOiP is hardly offering a “racial observation”.

Campfire Games has said no racism in their game is permissable. No ifs or buts or historical qualification.

Their product, their rules. End of story.
    Nobody spams "kill the nigger lovers," though. This whole "racism in my csa adventure" issue is entirely self-made and is nothing short of virtue signalling. This game has less racism than a Halo 2 lobby.
    Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in!

@Quaker - Where in my statement did I refute that there was racism? As for the saying "Kill the nigger lovers" I have never come across anyone that has said this in-game.

I know we have had people in my company that had been doing racist stuff and we just shoot it down when it starts as we don't tolerate that kinda stuff!