Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Racism on CSA teams is at an epidemic level

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Racism on CSA teams is at an epidemic level

I can barely get through a game without hearing some imbecile yell out racist drivel using some very nasty, explicit language. Can't we have some kind of reporting tool to clean the bad apples out? It's a pain to figure out who yells it out when you're in a crowd of people or if there's a lot going on, so simply "muting them" isn't always easy -- and frankly, these people don't deserve to be playing the game in the first place.

Something needs to be done before a scandal breaks loose in media outlets and shuts this game down.

All I can say is just deal with it, the media is not going to care, no one will shut the game down. Many many games deal with this and no one cares about it because they know the internet will be the internet,

USA General of the Army

Literally every MP game I have ever played has this issue. From TF2 all the way up to Red Dead Online. The Devs have said there will be server tools coming to help moderate, so calm down.

USA General of the Army

New People Join ... Stupidity Reigns ... they tire OR become pariah .... they move to another game OR stay put waiting for the next person to Post a thread that validates and advertises their Stupid ... threads boil then get locked ... rinse ... repeat ...
    Welcome to EVERY online game that has been, is or ever will be.

Ignore them in-game, on the forums and on the many anti-social media platforms and get back to playing.

NOTE:
    Mute that is persistent will be a great addition, imo.
    My Great Great Grandfather, Isaac MacDonal Cooley, served as a Pathfinder Cavalry Scout
    in the 1st Arkansas Cavalry Regiment (Dobbin's) Company K
    My Avatar flies his Unit Guidon to Honor his Service.
    My Credo is a simple one ... Unit before Self with Honor above ALL else.

CSA Captain

Groan another one..... The DEV's cannot police people's stupidity, but you can with the MUTE function.
    4th Texas 'C' Company

Compagny leaders can see into it that humor is ok, but not at cost of peoples feelings. I noticed indeed some comments in game from players about slaves and more. In open servers with randoms it is at worse. The serious compagny servers however can make a difference if leaders set out rules and such about these things. My confederate compagny Jeff Davis legion F a cavalry platoon (that is recently started by me) will not tollerate talk about these things. We fight the fight in our role play to fight off invading Union soldiers who "took our jobs!"

imagesHGIWQ8XK.jpg

That is also raising our spirits and no need for racism talk to have fun, ain't I right?

We all try to have fun in a game and feel the tention of the battle field.

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Ransurias View Post
    I can barely get through a game without hearing some imbecile yell out racist drivel using some very nasty, explicit language. Can't we have some kind of reporting tool to clean the bad apples out? It's a pain to figure out who yells it out when you're in a crowd of people or if there's a lot going on, so simply "muting them" isn't always easy -- and frankly, these people don't deserve to be playing the game in the first place.

Something needs to be done before a scandal breaks loose in media outlets and shuts this game down.
    I think you are wildly over-reacting Ransurias. There is not much to be done about it right now, mute and move on to the best of your ability. Proper administration tools are currently going through internal testing and will be made available soon. I suggest that you play on private servers, or with established companies, as neither of these will tolerate racism.

This was always going to be largely inavoidable on wider Early Access release through Steam, there are many bad apples out there who find their pleasure in being confrontational and abrasive. The same discussion points appear in other games that feature potentially sensitive material; Rising Storm 2: Vietnam for example routinely hosts racial slurs over VOIP, the solution is to play on active private servers that has an engaged administration team. Folk who engage in racist drivel are swiftly rooted out and banned on a permanent basis. I rarely hear such things now on the 40-1 servers, they have a zero tolerance policy and it works.

I am sorry that you have encountered these people, it should not be considered as a reflection upon the established community. They do not have a place amongst us here and will soon find themselves lacking in servers to play once the administration tools are out. For now, please be patient with the developers and use the mute button.

CSA Major General

Dear Ransurias,

As Capt.Digby already pointed out, the already established community doesn't really dab into any form of racism.
    Maybe some people are misguided in seeing a civil war game and a confederate flag and thinking they are joining the KKK.

Most regiments (and country laws) address certain behavior, not saying all are angels or people aren't balancing on the edge sometimes.
    Adress these people and talk to them, if that doesn't help -> mute -> doesn't help -> inform officers/CG.

On the other hand being to serious or political correct might also be an issue, another thing to avoid is downplaying history (the world and it's vision on things does change throughout the centuries though).
    Sure in Rising storm it's fun to provoke the other faction and vice versa, it's still in fun … even if that war was hell for all parties involved. (be praised this is all but a game & entertainment)
    Last edited by Redleader; 12-15-2018 at 01:34 PM.
    I write for my personal account and from personal experience, unless stated otherwise.

In short.don't rise to their bait.......Racism is born out of sheer ignorance so pity them.

Making an issue of this will only make matters worse IMHO.
    Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TrackiR4/Windows 10 Home/Sense of humour,I find it comes in handy !

It's a player problem, the same issue when the same players play the union team. I haven't dealt with this many players on a server in a 3D voice environment before but there is a lot of chatter of all sorts of random stuff of course. If you could momentarily tap into all voice channels and listen in it would be total havoc, which is good because people are communicating but some are trolling it.

I've got a lot of projects otherwise I'd probably seek and compile recordings and link them with steamIDs and maybe make a compilation video on the offenders. It's pretty easy to do that, find who they are in game spectate and then Alt-shift - View Players And look up their profile. And steamIDfinder.com gives you their steamID. I suspect many are the same players, I'm starting to recognize voices.

I find that players typically will stop things like that when they decide there's value to reputation and want to be a more useful member of the community, or try to. It's different when you are trying to be in an organization or run one. None of this is ever going to go fully away due to the political landscape.
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n