Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Racism on CSA teams is at an epidemic level

Nvm
    Last edited by Quaker; 12-17-2018 at 08:55 AM.

Just mute who you don't want to hear. It is that simple. We do not need anyone to be the "thought police". In every online game people talk like that. It's not just limited to games where you can play as antebellum southerners.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Matt(Fridge) View Post
    Just mute who you don't want to hear. It is that simple. We do not need anyone to be the "thought police". In every online game people talk like that. It's not just limited to games where you can play as antebellum southerners.
    The thought police have been notified of your heresy...

Muting will help a little, but here's hoping the admin tools being built will also aid us, haven't seen the new kick ban in action yet.

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Melonfish View Post
    ... haven't seen the new kick ban in action yet.
    I saw it last night, seems to work fine.

As someone from the deep south (Southern Louisiana) I can assure you that the idiocy displayed is not usual for the average person encountered down here. Even in the 1860's it was not as common as you'd think. The people in this game you find acting this way are the 12-16yo kids who think this is an outlet for that type of talk or behavior.. can even hear them trying not to laugh as they speak while they do their horrible impression of a southern accent.

They will grow bored pretty quickly and all you can do is ask politely for them to drop the act and you just mute them when they continue. But this is the internet and if your skin is so thin that you can't ignore some child's horrible attempt at being cool then you probably shouldn't play video games online.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by KingKable985 View Post
    As someone from the deep south (Southern Louisiana) I can assure you that the idiocy displayed is not usual for the average person encountered down here. Even in the 1860's it was not as common as you'd think. The people in this game you find acting this way are the 12-16yo kids who think this is an outlet for that type of talk or behavior.. can even hear them trying not to laugh as they speak while they do their horrible impression of a southern accent.
    Those making the racist remarks to be fair do not in many cases even sound american let alone southern, I just think people are using it as an excuse.

Accent wise I always laugh because any time someone does a bad southern accent I picture Charlie Mccory from "The searchers" (1956) and the infamous "unhaynd mah feeeaaancy!" line.

You have free rein to mute anyone you dont want to listen to. The devs already did their part.

CSA Captain

'Mute' is your friend..... I use for Music, Racism or plain Stupidity!
    Last edited by Charles Caldwell; 12-31-2018 at 10:54 AM.
    4th Texas 'C' Company

Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    You have free rein to mute anyone you dont want to listen to. The devs already did their part.
    Not completely. It’s very difficult to identify the offenders as there’s so many players talking at once and you have to spin around around and press T to see them. It’s very much hit and miss.

They should make the speaker symbol light up next to players’ names when you press Tab. This would make it easier.
    Last edited by Quaker; 12-31-2018 at 09:15 AM.

"internet is cruel and you cannot refine it" -butchered line from someone who may or may not be Sherman.