Thread: Servers missing?

Servers missing?

Hello,

Since release on steam I had a long list of servers to choose from. (Most where empthy) But now it seems after the latest patches the server list to choose from is a very short list. Also I miss many EU servers from the list of before. Hope some will come back.

They removed many servers I think.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by McMuffin View Post
    They removed many servers I think.
    Some are broken too, like ours.
    ''I'm here to play an American Civil War era combat game, not Call of Duty with muskets.''.

Maybe it is in collision with the patch. Server running previous version and patched players have only acces to patched servers?

They removed some servers for reasons that the population didn't really peak like the dev's initially planned. Population has started to back down just a bit, but we can only seem to fill up to about 2 and a half to 3 servers at a time, depending on if/if not events are happening. Also there are some problems with some servers where the servers will go down when you in them and it will just display place holder text and when you reload the game the server doesn't exist for a while.

CSA Colonel

They really needed to have those server tools and password protected servers before they went to EA. I'm afraid the game is suffering now because of it.

Texans Always Move Them

I am experiencing game lag when I play. Is there any specific settings I should have set up for my Wifi connection and monitor to possibly help game play?

'Lag' could be your system struggling or issues with WiFi/internet/servers. It's all about checking each stage to find a culprit. Assuming your computer is powerful enough to run the game smoothly, look at the others.

Is this just with WoR? Have you tried WoR US/EU servers with low 'pings'? Any other online games affected? Does it vary depending on time of day?

Try the various internet test sites to check the 'ping' (latency) in milliseconds of your general internet connection (lower the better). A consistently high ping, no matter what time of day the test is run (or which test site you use), points to your ISP being a possible issue, or your connection to the ISP.

If your connection to the ISP is good in terms of ping, try to connect to the router with a ethernet cable and switch off the WiFi. If things improve and the lag reduces consistently, your WiFi is lacking (change channel, check interference/distance, other users etc.). Test the theory at different times of day/night to make sure it is the wireless and not something else.

Let us know some more details, please.

"C’est magnifique, mais ce n’est pas la guerre: c'est de la folie"

Thanks for the tips. I'm not much of a gamer and WoR is the only game I play online so, unfortunately, I don't have anything to compare it to. I have been using the servers with low 'pings' and still getting lag. Doesn't vary much with time of day.

My system is a Dell XPS 8900. Processor is a Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6400 CPU @ 2.70GHz. RAM is 8 GB.

I will have to test my internet connection for latency. Connecting with an ethernet cable sounds like a good idea.

Here the servers start to dissapear after playing on them, then suddenly the screen gets darker while playing and than the game goes back to server menu or crashes. Hoped the patches would have fixed this, but the list of servers is getting shorter and shorter since after the crash servers wont come back into the list.