Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Loading Weapons 15 of 16

CSA Captain

Bumping this because multiple people in our regiment are still having problems with it.
    ''I'm here to play an American Civil War era combat game, not Call of Duty with muskets.''.

CSA Major

Yes, it happens on seemingly random pattern. The last update caused two of my fellows to have this issue, however they have been able to work around it. Please try one of the following, if you have not already.

- Move the game folder to the C drive.
    - Add the game folder (and .exe) to your Windows Defender exceptions.
    - Connect to a lower populated server first and, if it works, then retry connecting to the busy server.

One of, or a combination of, these fixes have worked for a variety of users on the Steam forum. It is the random nature of this error that is most frustrating.

USA Sergeant

My best workaround for this is to join another empty server to load all the assets, then try to join a full server and it's a-ok. The only other issue I've found is that if you join a server and leave, the respawn timer does not update when you join the new server in most cases. It just remains as --/-- for the rest of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleddyn View Post
    If I try to go straight into a populated server my PC hangs on "Loading Weapons 15 of 16" every time. However, if I join an empty server I get in no problem. Then if I leave the server but not the game it will let me log into a populated server without error. I tested this several times and it worked every time.

Disclaimer: I don't understand the nature of the problem and I don't understand why this works for me. I make no guarantee or assumption that it will work for you.
    Thanks for the tip. That works for me also. When I don't follow that procedure, and Task Manager shows the game "not responding," I've noticed that the Antimalware Service is hogging resources. I don't know why, but perhaps that's part of the problem.

CSA Colonel

Glad it helped you. It is still the only way I can successfully join a populated server.

CSA Captain

I was having this constantly last night, but connecting to an empty server then joining the almost full one got me straight in...

I know its been over a month, but I just wanted to update the thread that since a few more updates to the game have come out, I'm no longer experiencing this problem at all.