Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Server Admins - Useful Commands

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

USA Major

Blah blah

[Message deleted]
    Last edited by O'Rourke; 06-03-2020 at 04:31 PM.

CSA Captain

I can't seem to rep you as the last one I gave was also to you, Doin some fine work there O'Rourke!

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Melonfish View Post
    I can't seem to rep you as the last one I gave was also to you, Doin some fine work there O'Rourke!
    Likewise, he needs to stop with these quality posts trying to help people. This is the internet, we are supposed to hate one another!

[/sarcasm]

I don't think the ban works, I've been trying it on myself. It's all sorts of screwed up. Adding bans manually or with the g-portal "add ban" feature. Neither work.

Also it's very glitchy. The digits of the player IDs are actually changing somehow, as if reducing like the time of the ban. My own ID ends with a 41 and it changed to a 40 over several attempts - but it doesn't always do that.

Even when it seems to be working and the server is restarted it still doesn't block the connection.
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

Here is a demo of the new admin tool we recently started working on. The Ban menu can currently be activated by pressing E for those users whose SteamID is present in the described below file on the current server.

If you look at the environment while pressing E, the menu will contain options for the environment and skirmish area. If you look at a player while pressing E, the menu will contain options for that player.

On the g-portal website, you will save an xml file. Probably similar to how you save the dedicated.cfg file.

The contents of the file will be like this.

Code:
    <Privileges>
    	<Privilege Name="Moderator">
    		<SteamIDs>
    			<SteamID id = "11111111111111111"/> <!-- John Brown -->
    			<SteamID id = "11111111111231232"/> <!-- SusieQ -->
    		</SteamIDs>
    		<Commands>
    			<Command Name="kick"/>
    		</Commands>
    	</Privilege>
    	<Privilege Name="Administrator">
    		<SteamIDs>
    			<SteamID id = "22222222222222222"/> <!-- AverageGuy -->
    		</SteamIDs>
    		<Commands bHasPrevious="true">
    			<Command Name="BanUser"/>
    		</Commands>
    	</Privilege>
    	<Privilege Name="Senior Administrator">
    		<SteamIDs>
    			<SteamID id = "33333333333333333"/> <!-- Robert. E. Lee -->
    		</SteamIDs>
    		<Commands bHasPrevious="true">
    			<Command Name="e_timeofday" Alias = "time"/>
    			<Command Name="weather"/>
    			<Command Name="game.skirmish.setnextarea"/>
    			<Command Name="game.skirmish.forceendround"/>
    		</Commands>
    	</Privilege>
    </Privileges>
    It contains various groups where each group will have access to different commands.

The cool thing about this is that once your SteamID have been added to this file. There is no need to login or write the IP of the server in the console or anything like that. You just connect to the server where you have admin access and the powers are given to you automatically.

If we are very lucky. We may release an update with this, tommorow. Admin functionality in the tab menu will be added early next year.

Once this goes live. We'll probably be removing the current ban page on the G-Portal website.

We are also looking into adding RCON support on the G-Portal website where there will be added a new Console tab.

Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke View Post
    Thank you for the update and for the upcoming tools, Fancy. Perhaps, at a future date, a Global Mute function could also be added to the Player Context Menu. For example: If a person was mic-spamming or something similar, the admin could just globally mute them as opposed to the more draconian option of kicking them for such a minor offense.
    Yeah that is also planned. It would really just kick them from the TeamSpeak server.

We'll probably also make this screen available for other players, though with a much better looking design. But so normal players can look at a player and just mute that player, without having to find the player in the tab menu. There could possibly also be other options such as to view that players Steam profile, or whatever other ideas you may have. Though we cant integrate the Company Tool with the game yet.

CSA Captain

If we are very lucky. We may release an update with this, tommorow. Admin functionality in the tab menu will be added early next year.
    I'm just bedding down for the night so I apologize if this is a stupid question, but do you mean that the E menu for admins will be coming hopefully tomorrow, or is it included in the next year release with the tab menu?
    Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in!

Quote Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
    I'm just bedding down for the night so I apologize if this is a stupid question, but do you mean that the E menu for admins will be coming hopefully tomorrow, or is it included in the next year release with the tab menu?
    What you see in the video will hopefully be coming tommorow, so yes, the E menu.

CSA Captain

Very cool Fancy, Thank you!
    Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in!

CSA Major

I did not realise that you were building in functionality for various tiers of power, that is very cool and will be quite nicely received I think.