Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Server Admins - Useful Commands

USA Major

Server Admins - Useful Commands

(Will add more commands in the near future. Note that some of these commands are unverified for the moment.)

Question: "My custom server settings in the dedicated.cfg file on G-Portal are not saving."

✔ VERIFIED METHOD:
    Use Notepad or TextPad to create an autoexec.cfg file and put your custom settings inside this file.

Then upload this newly-created autoexec.cfg file via FTP to your G-Portal server's main directory.

G-Portal provides your FTP information in the Admin Web Panel area:

Go to My Servers > Click on your server > Status tab and then scroll down to the "Access data" section.

NOTE: There are an infinite number of ways to inject custom server variables into the server settings.

Question: "How do I disable Team-Killing on my War of Rights server?"

✔ VERIFIED METHOD:
    To disable Team-Killing on your WoR server, add this command to your dedicated.cfg file on G-Portal and restart the server:

g_friendlyfireratio=0

Question: "How do I disable Team Auto Balance on my War of Rights server?"

❔ UNVERIFIED METHOD:
    To turn-off Team Auto Balance on your WoR server, add this command to your dedicated.cfg file on G-Portal and restart the server:

g_autoAssignTeams=0

Question: "How do I change the allotted ratio of players allowed per team on the server?"

❔ UNVERIFIED METHOD:
    To alter the allotted ratio of players allowed on each time, you might try fiddling with this command (experimental):

Code:
    g_teamSizeMaxUserPercentageDifference=0.05
    This variable controls the maximum server percentage of players one team is allowed to have over the other.

Example: 0.1 = 15 players difference.

Hence, to allow a 15 player difference between teams, change this variable to:

Code:
    g_teamSizeMaxUserPercentageDifference=1
    Then add this command to your dedicated.cfg file on G-Portal and restart the server.

Question: "How do I obtain a certain player's Steam ID to perma-ban them?"

✔ VERIFIED METHOD:
    If you can find their Steam Profile page, paste their profile link into https://steamidfinder.com to obtain their Steam ID64 entry.

Alternatively, download the server.log file from your G-Portal server directory using a FTP program and view the file with a freeware program such as TextPad.

In general, this is the log entry for when a person is auto temp-banned for team-killing and their Steam ID is recorded:
    Code:
    <20:37:34> [CBanManager::BanByID] Banned player with ID 76561198085615322 and name MuddyBrwnEye for 3600 seconds
    As such, just search the file for instances of [CBanManager::BanByID] and, after noting the corresponding name, use the ID you find in the server.log to ban them.

Question: "How do I enable Infinite Ammo on the Drill Camps for pistols and other firearms?"

✔ VERIFIED METHOD:
    To enable Infinite Ammo on your WoR server (*not recommended*), add this command to your dedicated.cfg file on G-Portal and restart the server:

g_infiniteAmmo=1

Bear in mind, this console command will affect all maps. Obviously, you do NOT want to permanently embed this command in your server settings.

Question: "I'm about to restart the server. How do I globally address all players to warn them?"

✔ VERIFIED METHOD:
    To send a global chat message to all players, press ` (tilde key) to access the in-game console. Type the following command in the console then press the ENTER key:

gl_say "I am about to restart the server. It will be online again in a few moments."

or

gl_say "Your message here."

Question: "How do I globally disable voice chat on the server?"

❔ UNVERIFIED METHOD:
    To disable voice chat entirely for whatever reason (*not recommended*), try adding this experimental command to the dedicated.cfg file:

g_enableTeamspeak=0

To revert to the default setting which permits global voice chat, use this command:

g_enableTeamspeak=1
    Last edited by O'Rourke; 12-19-2018 at 09:25 PM.

CSA Captain

I can't seem to rep you as the last one I gave was also to you, Doin some fine work there O'Rourke!

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Melonfish View Post
    I can't seem to rep you as the last one I gave was also to you, Doin some fine work there O'Rourke!
    Likewise, he needs to stop with these quality posts trying to help people. This is the internet, we are supposed to hate one another!

[/sarcasm]

I don't think the ban works, I've been trying it on myself. It's all sorts of screwed up. Adding bans manually or with the g-portal "add ban" feature. Neither work.

Also it's very glitchy. The digits of the player IDs are actually changing somehow, as if reducing like the time of the ban. My own ID ends with a 41 and it changed to a 40 over several attempts - but it doesn't always do that.

Even when it seems to be working and the server is restarted it still doesn't block the connection.
    Suggestion: Formations, Suppression, Spawning, Leadership https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZqPsbvyD8s

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

Here is a demo of the new admin tool we recently started working on. The Ban menu can currently be activated by pressing E for those users whose SteamID is present in the described below file on the current server.

If you look at the environment while pressing E, the menu will contain options for the environment and skirmish area. If you look at a player while pressing E, the menu will contain options for that player.

On the g-portal website, you will save an xml file. Probably similar to how you save the dedicated.cfg file.

The contents of the file will be like this.

Code:
    <Privileges>
    	<Privilege Name="Moderator">
    		<SteamIDs>
    			<SteamID id = "11111111111111111"/> <!-- John Brown -->
    			<SteamID id = "11111111111231232"/> <!-- SusieQ -->
    		</SteamIDs>
    		<Commands>
    			<Command Name="kick"/>
    		</Commands>
    	</Privilege>
    	<Privilege Name="Administrator">
    		<SteamIDs>
    			<SteamID id = "22222222222222222"/> <!-- AverageGuy -->
    		</SteamIDs>
    		<Commands bHasPrevious="true">
    			<Command Name="BanUser"/>
    		</Commands>
    	</Privilege>
    	<Privilege Name="Senior Administrator">
    		<SteamIDs>
    			<SteamID id = "33333333333333333"/> <!-- Robert. E. Lee -->
    		</SteamIDs>
    		<Commands bHasPrevious="true">
    			<Command Name="e_timeofday" Alias = "time"/>
    			<Command Name="weather"/>
    			<Command Name="game.skirmish.setnextarea"/>
    			<Command Name="game.skirmish.forceendround"/>
    		</Commands>
    	</Privilege>
    </Privileges>
    It contains various groups where each group will have access to different commands.

The cool thing about this is that once your SteamID have been added to this file. There is no need to login or write the IP of the server in the console or anything like that. You just connect to the server where you have admin access and the powers are given to you automatically.

If we are very lucky. We may release an update with this, tommorow. Admin functionality in the tab menu will be added early next year.

Once this goes live. We'll probably be removing the current ban page on the G-Portal website.

We are also looking into adding RCON support on the G-Portal website where there will be added a new Console tab.

CSA Captain

If we are very lucky. We may release an update with this, tommorow. Admin functionality in the tab menu will be added early next year.
    I'm just bedding down for the night so I apologize if this is a stupid question, but do you mean that the E menu for admins will be coming hopefully tomorrow, or is it included in the next year release with the tab menu?
    Currahee!

Quote Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
    I'm just bedding down for the night so I apologize if this is a stupid question, but do you mean that the E menu for admins will be coming hopefully tomorrow, or is it included in the next year release with the tab menu?
    What you see in the video will hopefully be coming tommorow, so yes, the E menu.

CSA Captain

Very cool Fancy, Thank you!
    Currahee!

CSA Major

I did not realise that you were building in functionality for various tiers of power, that is very cool and will be quite nicely received I think.

USA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Fancy Sweetroll View Post
    Here is a demo of the new admin tool we recently started working on. The Ban menu can currently be activated by pressing E for those users whose SteamID is present in the described below file on the current server.
    Thank you for the update and for the upcoming tools, Fancy. Perhaps, at a future date, a Global Mute function could also be added to the Player Context Menu. For example: If a person was mic-spamming or something similar, the admin could just globally mute them as opposed to the more draconian option of kicking them for such a minor offense.